New SAP Analytics Cloud Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) Best Practices for Analytics Content with 1805 SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release
With the latest release of SAP Best Practices for Analytics with SAP S/4HANA V9.0 a new scope item delivers business content specifically for Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) with SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom.
As you might know, SAP Analytics Cloud (https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/) is a next-generation software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution (https://news.sap.com/sap-expands-user-experience-across-all-analytics-platform/) that consolidates all analytics functionalities for all users in one product.
SAP created a highly differentiated solution “SAP Analytics Cloud” which is the intersection of BI, Predictive and Planning.
Built on SAP Cloud Platform it delivers an enterprise-wide access to analytics delivered through a high-performing and reliable public cloud experience. SAP Digital Boardroom is built on the SAP Analytics Cloud solution and allows the usage of large, triple-interlinked touch screens for a unique user experience.
SAP is developing business content to provide customers with pre-defined SAP Analytics Cloud content such as queries, data models and visualizations. It includes Stories and Dashboards items and a comprehensive documentation how to use the content. The content will give you a jump start to design a holistic view of your for a Boardroom or any other line of business. It comes with technical demo data that allows you to immediately start exploring the boardrooms and stories without additional data upload. Thus, you can without delay browse the entire offering. No need to connect any source systems yet.
For Manufacturing (Plan to Produce), the content is delivered in SAP Best Practices for Analytics with SAP S/4HANA Package as part of scope item in SAP Best Practices for Analytics with S/4HANA Cloud Package
This scope item provides a comprehensive portfolio of analytical content based on SAP S/4HANA Cloud. With the latest release the list of scenarios is enhanced with Manufacturing stories for SAP Analytics Cloud. If you are looking for information on How to import content (Blog),
please check out this link: https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/18/sap-businessobjects-cloud-content/
If you are interested in a detailed description of newly released features, please check: https://blogs.sap.com/tag/sapboc_releaseinfo/
Explore SAP Analytics Cloud roadmaps on www.sap.com/roadmaps and SAP Analytics Cloud Product Roadmap at https://www.sap.com/documents/2017/06/e4339922-c37c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.gate.html
Learn about benefits of other business content with SAP Analytics Cloud at https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/learning/business-content/
Key functionality delivered with “SAP S/4HANA Cloud Manufacturing content with SAP Analytics Cloud (28S)”
- SAP Real-time Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) content for S/4HANA Cloud enables a analyst to dive into S/4HANA Cloud using a real-time connector.
- Accelerators include pre-built set of LIVE analytical dashboards, key performance indicators, and enable decision making easier using new charts for Cost Variance (Fixed Vs Variable) analysis by time period.
- Predictive Analytics using Time Series Forecasting and Smart Grouping
- SAP Predictive Content for Manufacturing using S/4HANA Cloud enables analysts to predict the Cost Variance (Fixed vs Actual) completion with finish date.
- SAP Digital Boardroom for Manufacturing enable steering the company with Total Transparency and get a complete picture of the company situation in real-time with 360° view experience. Visualize insights in-context manufacturing (Plan to Produce) and align one source of truth.
- In this scope item, data is coming from an SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) using SAP Analytics Cloud data is Visualized via the Real time S/4HANA Cloud SAC Connector to the SAP Analytics Cloud application. The pre-built analytics gives an attractive overview about the Manufacturing information with major finance driven KPI’s such as Actual and Plan production cost and % Cost Variance associated with production orders, Top Performing Entities: Top Performing Plants, Work Centers, and Profit Centers by Actual Input Cost etc. It starts with a general assessment of Manufacturing Production performance as information to the management board. Year-to-date information combined with the corresponding last year figures shows the trend on enterprise level. SAP Real-time Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) content for S/4HANA Cloud enables a analyst to dive into S/4HANA Cloud using a real-time connector. Accelerators include a pre-built set of live analytical reports with key performance indicators (Best Practice Analytics scope item 28S).
Screenshot Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) Story – Overview
On the next screens the information is getting more granular and the user is able to access context information and to filter and slice and dice the data according to his needs. It enables also the drill down on production cost related financial information by plants, order category, material description and operations based on different work centers.
Screenshot Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) Story – Detail
What is delivered with the SAP Best Practices?
- Integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud including the activation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud released CDS views with SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud stories and SAP Digital Boardroom Content which needs to be activated for Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) analysis and predictive features
- Predictive Analysis can be done using Time Series Forecasting and Smart Grouping . Predictive Analysis for Manufacturing using S/4HANA Cloud enables analysts to predict the cost variance (Fixed vs Actual) completion with finish date. Smart grouping prediction will provide insight to optimize cost at work centers.
Screenshot Manufacturing (Plan to Produce) Story – Predictive Analytics using Time Series Forecasting and Smart Grouping
The content can be used in a SAP Digital Boardroom environment, but also as analytical content for SAP Analytics Cloud.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Integration using ‘Create Tile’ for Analytics Cloud SAP Analytics Cloud stories for manufacturing
The ‘Create Tile for Analytics Cloud Story’ application enables analytics specialists to create own Tiles on the Fiori Launchpad with direct connection to the configured SAC Story. The newly created customized tile from the analytics specialist can be used as shortcut and launch the wanted SAC Story immediately in a new Browser tab.
To download the content and also to get additional, detailed information, please go to Best Practices Explorer
Scroll down to Manufacturing => SAP S/4HANA Cloud Manufacturing content with SAP Analytics Cloud (28S)
Specific scope-item links, including documentation: Navigate here to Best Practices for Analytics Package
Download the free content from SAP Analytics Cloud Content library See how here
Stay tuned for more SAP Analytics Cloud content for Manufacturing in the next quarters!