Cloud Integration Automation Service – What is it?
Update August 2021: SAP offers a better way to integration business scenarios:
Cloud Integration Automation Service
What’s the benefit?
Until recently, the integration of Cloud to Cloud scenarios or hybrid scenarios was based on integration guides, help pages, blog posts or other written documentation.
Now, Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS) provides guided workflows with the following features:
that make use of
- Standardized → all workflows for the configuration of different scenarios have the same look
- Role Based Execution → tasks are assigned to the right person based on role assignments
- System Landscape Information → available as drop-down list from known customer SAP systems
- Partially Automated → some tasks are automated and therefor reduce the manual work that comes with the configuration
- Integrated Parameter Management → data can be entered once and reused throughout the workflow
- Traceability of Activity → information is stored on who did what steps during the integration setup
Customers can use this voluntary service at no additional fee or license cost, if they have:
- An SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) Cloud Foundry account in one of the CIAS supported data centers or an SAP Cloud Integration account
- System instances of licensed SAP cloud products that are in scope of the integration scenarios
What integration scenarios are supported?
There is a total of 100+ integration scenarios available in the Cloud Integration Automation repository. The list is permanently extended and is updated on this list of supported scenarios: CIAS SAP Help Portal Documentation
How does Cloud Integration Automation Service work?
After successful subscription to the Cloud Integration Automation service in the Service Marketplace of your SAP Business Technology Platform Cockpit you can directly use the scenario configuration workflows in the application. Here is a blog that describes the subscription steps in detail.
You have the option to generate workflows either via the CIAS Launchpad directly or via the Maintenance Planner
Cloud Integration Automation Service Launchpad view:
With the “Plan for Integration” tile, you get the selection of all available solutions and scenarios:
On the Maintenance Planner you will get to the list of available solutions and scenarios via the tile “Plan for Cloud Integration Scenario”:
After selecting the scenario of your choice, you will be able to generate your individual workflow. Your systems and tenants are known from the framework and can be selected directly.
This will be shown in a separate blog.
Where do I get further Information?
For more information, see:
- CIAS SAP Help Portal Documentation
- CIAS Subscription blog
- CIAS now on Cloud Foundry blog
- SAP Note 2608492
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Best Regards Stefan Jakobi Product Management Cloud and Lifecycle Management
Interesting! Thanks to SAP S/4HANA Cloud for bringing automation service to benefit all-sized enterprises to integrate business process. Also, thank you very much for explaining the steps about how cloud integration automation service work along with the screenshots. Thank you so much and this is really a great information!
this is most interesting. Is this also available on SAP Business Technology Platform Cloud Foundry ?
funny that you ask 🙂
Just this week, Cloud Integration Automation Service went live on Cloud Foundry!
I am just about to rewrite new Blogs to highlight the improvements that come with the switch from NEO to CF.
is Cloud Platform Integration and Cloud Integration Automation Service are Same?
thanks for the question.
No, the formerly known "Cloud Platform Integration (CPI)" is now part of the SAP Integration Suite and revered to as a feature called "Cloud Integration". More details in this description (page 5): https://help.sap.com/doc/e50e61e7b66c4b60ae5e88c00c01486a/CLOUD/en-US/FSD_IntegrationSuite.pdf
"Cloud Integration Automation Service" is an independant framework to setup integration scenarios with the help of a workflow.