With the release of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1805, SAP offers a better way to integration business scenarios:
Cloud Integration Automation Service
What’s the benefit?
Until today, the scenario integration of SAP Cloud solutions was based on integration guides and go through them from beginning to the end.
Now, Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS) provides a guided workflow that makes use of
- customer specific system information (e.g. target URLs),
- reusable configuration settings between tasks, and
- automated execution capabilities
Customers can use this voluntary service at no additional fee or license cost, if they have:
- an S-User assigned to the customer ID for access to Maintenance Planner and
- a SAP Cloud Platform Neo account in EU1 region or a SAP Cloud Platform Integration account to subscribe to for the Cloud Integration Automation service
- System instances of licensed SAP cloud products that are in scope of this service
What integration scenarios will be supported?
For SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1805 the integration using CIAS for the following scenarios are available:
- SuccessFactors JB1- Setting Up Employee Integration – Employee Central Integration
- Concur 1M1 – Concur – Financial Integration
- SCP Apps:
- 1RY – Credit Agency Integration
- 1NX – Integration with SAP Distributed Manufacturing
- 23D – Integration with SAP Hybris Service Engagement Center
- Third Party Integration 1QI – Integration with Third-Party Sales Force Automation System
- Hybris Marketing 1UG – SAP S/4HANA Cloud Integration with SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud
How does Cloud Integration Automation Service work?
After entering the Maintenance Planner, you will be able to start generating your individual workflow. Your systems and tenants are known in your Maintenance Planner and you will be able to select your systems and tenants directly:
Selection of Integration Systems
In the last step for CIAS in the Maintenance Planner, you will invoke the workflow in your SAP Cloud Platform Account.
Select your SCP Account
What steps do I have to do in my SCP NEO account?
Now, the user that was assigned in Maintenance Planner, will see his tasks of the generated workflow in the tiles of his Cloud Integration Automation Service – Launchpad.
Note: In “My Inbox”, the user will always only see the one task which has to be carried out next, while in the “Scenario Execution Overview” the whole list of tasks is visible:
Workflow in the “Scenario Execution Overview”
Start with confirming the necessary disclaimer and the landscape components. Then assign users to the defined integration roles.
Let’s take a look at the step “Assign Users to Roles”:
Task Assign Users to Roles
And one more thing I would like to show. As the systems are already correctly maintained, you can, directly from the relevant task, logon to the required system, in that case SuccessFactors:
Direct access to SuccessFactors System
Once all the tasks, in this example 51, are completed, the integration for this scenario is complete.
Where do I get further Information?
For more information, see:
I will soon provide a new blog with a recording of the handling. Stay tuned!
Best Regards Stefan Jakobi Product Management Cloud and Lifecycle Management