SAP Connected Worker Safety is a solution designed to reduce risks, costs and protect employees. Information from wearables and other sensor-enabled equipment can help companies react immediately to a hazardous situations or incidents while proactively managing worker fatigue and other hazard inducers. Real-time information allows monitoring of compliance at all times against regulatory and other parameters.
I have interviewed Wen-Syan Li, Senior Vice President & Head of IoT SCM & Strategic Projects – APJ & Greater China to find out how SAP Connected Worker Safety helps our customers to run better and improves people’s lives. Wen-Syan also gives us deeper insights on the features, explains how it relates to SAP Environment, Health and Safety Management elaborates on his future plans:
In summary, the key benefits are:
- Real-time visibility of environmental data and the safety regulatory compliance status.
- Safety rules set-up upon exact customer requirements (e.g. how often the rules will be checked, which devices will be used to acquire data)
- Immediate alerts when unsafe or non-compliant conditions occur
- Exception record analysis to help customers identify trends and derive impactful insights into safety management.
Although road traffic injuries have been a leading cause of mortality for many years, a substantial portion of the crashes are both predictable and preventable. Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) and SAP collaborated to develop a transportation safety solution. In Oct. 2016, we conducted a successful field trial in cooperation with Keifuku Bus Co., Ltd (Fukui, Japan) and NTT. This project gained a lot of attention from customers and has won numerous awards, such as the SAP Hana Innovation Award and then expanded its scope to worker safety.
We are looking for more collaboration both from 3rd party device part providers and customers innovation. Feel free to contact our solutions or product team:
Christian Polivka: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Michael Censurato: email@example.com
Richard Gu: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Eva Hu: email@example.com
- Help Documentation
- Press release: When Every Second Counts: Safeguarding Employees with SAP Connected Worker Safety
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter too, you can find me at: https://twitter.com/HeroFranz