I have successfully installed SAP Data Hub 1.3 on Red Hat platform, and below is the notes that you may find helpful, hopefully.
1. Product Availability Matrix
First of all, check the SAP Data Hub PAM for supported combination of products, e.g. SAP HANA, SAP Data Hub Distributed Runtime, Spark Integration, etc.
I chose to install SAP Data Hub 1.3, and SAP HANA 2.0 SPS2.
2. Red Hat Support of SAP Data Hub
The SAP Data Hub architecture is well supported on Red Hat platform, which is divided into 3 products:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions: certified for running SAP HANA, SAP S/4HANA, and SAP Business Suite. Click here for an overview.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform: an Enterprise Kubernetes platform, is validated for running SAP Data Hub Distributed Runtime, a.k.a. SAP Vora, which is based on containers.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: supports the distributed data systems, e.g. Hadoop.
My installation is performed on premise, however, the architecture is also supported in an hybrid environment.
3. Installation Process
The Installation Guide for SAP Data Hub 1.3 provides step by step instructions on how to install SAP Data Hub. My notes below mainly focus on the Red Hat specific information, or the issues that I ran into, and the solutions.
3.1 Installing SAP HANA and SAP HANA XS Advanced
SAP HANA database and SAP HANA XS Advanced are required components of SAP Data Hub 1.3.
SAP HANA SPS/RHEL Support Matrix
Based on the SAP HANA version that you plan to install, you can find the SAP HANA on RHEL support matrix in SAP Note 2235581. For your convenience, the support matrix is also available on the SCN page Technical Resources for SAP HANA on Red Hat, without an SAP S user account.
In my case, I installed SAP HANA 2.0 SPS2, with XS Advanced, on RHEL for SAP Solutions 7.4.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions
Red Hat provides Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions as the foundation of the SAP landscape. It contains the essential technical components for SAP, and is certified for running SAP HANA.
Details can be found in the following SAP Note:
- SAP Note 2526952 – Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions
Install SAP HANA on RHEL for SAP Solutions
Please follow the OS configuration and installation guide to install SAP HANA.
- How to subscribe the SAP HANA system to the new Update Services for SAP Solutions?
- SAP Note 2292690 – SAP HANA DB: Recommended OS settings for RHEL 7
- SAP Note 2009879 – SAP HANA Guidelines for RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Operating System
3.2 Installing XSA Applications
When installing SAP Web IDE, based on the version you install, you may have to upgrade some of the dependencies. For example, I ran into an error:
> xs install XSACSAPWEBIDE03_0-80002257.ZIP -e webide_SPS02-jason.mtaext ... ERR Software component dependency is not fulfilled Following software components have to be installed/uninstalled to resolve the dependency: Possibility 1: install: XSAC_HRTT (sap.com) 2.4.0, SAP_EXTENDED_APP_SERVICES (sap.com) 0.0.0 Possibility 2: install: XSAC_HRTT (sap.com) 2.4.0
The solution is to upgrade SXAC_HRTT:
> xs target -s SAP > xs install XSACHRTT04_65-70002322.ZIP -e webide_SPS02.mtaext
Then re-try the installation of SAP Web IDE.
I didn’t run into other major issues in this step.
3.3 Installing SAP Vora and SAP Data Hub Pipeline Engine
Install SAP Vora on OpenShift Container Platform
OpenShift provides enterprise features such as high availability, load balancing, persistent storage, etc., that require careful planning. Installing SAP Vora on OpenShift Container Platform is not an easy process, especially for production environment, thus I recommend that you work with a Red Hat OpenShift professional to ensure the quality of the installation.
SAP Vora requires some specific configurations on OpenShift. The detailed installation steps can be found in this Red Hat KnowledgeBase article:
Install SAP Data Hub Flow Agent
The SAP Data Hub Flow Agent can be installed before or after the Vora installation. I installed it after the Vora installation. The steps can be found in this document:
3.4 Installing SAP Data Hub Adapter
I didn’t perform this step, because the Hadoop cluster is optional. If I have success in the future I will update this section.
- Installation Guide for SAP Data Hub 1.3
- Installation Guide for SAP HANA on Red Hat Enterprise Linux – SAP Note 2009879
- Install SAP Data Hub 1.3 Distributed Runtime on OpenShift Container Platform
Please leave comments in the section below, or email email@example.com for private conversation with Red Hat associates.