There is a cool new way to use the Application Enablement APIs. Maybe you already know the API Business Hub from SAP. There you’ll find a lot of different APIs documented from the various SAP solutions. Some of the Application Enablement APIs are also documented there for a while now. But there was a new feature released for those APIs just today. In the past you were only able to test the APIs calling on specific tenant provided by SAP, but not anymore. Now you can login to your tenant and manipulate the real data. This will make it even easier to work with the APIs.
But now let me show you how to do so:
- Go to the API Business Hub for AE
- Go to the Artifacts and select the App you want to call
- Click on the Configure Button next to the API Endpoint dropdown.
- Enter a Name, the Client ID, Client Secret and Tenant name. If you can’t remember your Client ID and Client Secret you’ll find it in the Welcome Mail you received when your tenant was provided.
- Now you can start using and exploring the APIs with your real tenant data