This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.09. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
SAP Analytics Cloud agent version required for data acquisition with this release:
- Version 1.0.85 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
- Note: Although it is not required, you can upgrade to the new agent version 1.0.103, no matter what data acquisition type you use. Do this to take advantage of updates made to SAP Analytics Cloud agent.
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Data locking on slices
- Planning: Asynchronous execution of allocation processes
- Planning: Add new master data element in-grid
- Planning: Styling panel improvements
- Planning: Keyboard support improvements
- Planning: Fixed cell referencing for table based calculations
- Planning: Show formula bar by default for grid pages and full screen tables
- Planning: Improved control of a large hierarchy’s member list
- Data Integration: Share an import connection to S/4HANA without sharing credentials
- Data Integration: Seamlessly switch between explorer and story view
- Predictive: Smart insights on variance
- Digital Boardroom: Harmonized story preferences
- Mobile: Story and page filters based on a range of measure values
- Mobile: Dynamic text support
- Data Analysis, Stories and Tables: Control side panel
- Data Analysis, Stories and Tables: Measure based story and page filter
- Data Analysis, Stories and Tables: Dimension and measure input controls for tables
- Data Analysis, Stories and Tables: Chart title line break
- Data Analysis, Stories and Tables: Pass both IDs and Descriptions in a hyperlink for charts and tables
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
We’ve introduced the option for you to enable much more granular control over your data entry access. You can now block data entry against any combination of data slices. For example, it is now very easy to lock and prevent data entry for a given cost center and version dimension members. Once the cost center owner has completed his/her plan, they can also choose to block Actuals periods within a Forecast version for all users. In addition to “Locked” and “Open” status, there is also a restricted status which allows data entry, but only by the node owner or the owner of a parent node.
You can now execute allocation processes without being blocked from continuing your work. Allocations will now be executed in the background and you can review the Job List to see the status of your Allocation process.
New dimension members can now be added directly to a dimension from within the grid. For scenarios where Administrators cannot modify the model directly, users can now make targeted dimension updates. No more waiting for an Admin to insert new Products, Employees, or Customers – just add a member on the fly and plan on!
You can now use the styling panel in tables to enable planning and editing options or set your entire table to read-only.
We’ve made financial planning even easier. Now you can use keyboard shortcuts to change different formatting operations in the grid.
Check it out! You can now refer to fixed cell values when you’re applying front end calculations.
For example, A$5 refers to the fixed value in cell A5, while A2 refers to the whole column.
From now on, the formula bar is always visible when you’re in using grid mode or canvas tables in full screen!
Navigating large ownership dimensions within the Task Input Summary page can be very challenging, especially in scenarios where the ratio of assignees to members are very low. To simplify this, we have provided a simple way to manage and filter the Distribution dimension based on those members which have defined assignees. If you toggle on the “Show members with assignees only”, you will only see dimension nodes which have a defined assignee.
Trying to keep your connection credentials on the down low? Import data connections can now be shared with other users without saving the credentials of the connection creator. Please note that the sharing type cannot be changed and deleting a user will remove their credentials from all import connections.
Story authors can easily toggle between Stories and Explorer with one click!
We’ve added Smart Insights for variances between versions and over time. This is also available for dynamic variance! Please note that blending and calculations are not yet supported and this only works with import models.
Waterfall charts, Explorer and Digital Boardroom are not yet supported.
Content creators can easily apply an existing Story design to a Boardroom, allowing creators to easily match colors and styling. When the content creator updates the look and feel of a story, a Boardroom with this setting applied will automatically adjust to the Story’s styling, saving time and making it easier to maintain Boardrooms. Please note that the use of the Story preference in Digital Boardroom won’t impact your original Story.
The mobile app now supports Story and page filters based on a range of measure values. Now filters defined in the story can be viewed and can be easily changed on your mobile device.
Dynamic text is now supported within lane section headers. Please note that tile filters and variables are not yet supported.
Customize with ease! Our new control side panel found in the top right corner of the navigation bar displays all filters that impact a widget including widget, page or story filters. This is available in both view and edit modes but please note that filters in the control panel are read-only.
Story designers can now create a filter based on a measure range. Please note that this currently does not yet work with blended or live models.
We’ve also improved page filters. They are now evaluated logically at the story, page and widget level which means the filter at the level above immediately impacts the data that is being filtered on the level below.
As a story designer, you can now create table input controls for both dimensions and measures. Each input control impacts a single column or row and supports calculated dimensions. Please note that cross calculations are not yet supported.
Configure line breaks to your heart’s content. You can now select the chart and hover over the title to easily access the expand option. This is available in both view and edit modes.
For both charts and tables, we’ve extended the hyperlinking feature by allowing you to pass
the data context into third party systems using either the description, the ID or both.
You can also specify context for each of the dimensions in the hyperlink if there is more than one.
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.08
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.07
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.06
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.05
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.04
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.03
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.02
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.01
- More >
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.