As announced earlier in a previous blog post and in the SAP Business ByDesign public roadmap, starting March 2, 2018, the Legal Change Notification can be accessed from SAP One Support Launchpad . From now on, we have an additional channel to effectively communicate with our local customers and partners, in addition to current approach (i.e. direct customer communication).
The Legal Change Notification aims to help users to search for legal changes, specify whether the legal change is relevant to his or her business and the implementation status in the customer systems, plan corresponding activities based on information available in the application like planned release date, complexity, manual activity and so on.
Let me emphasize with simple examples, the areas in which you may expect results while using this service in the SAP One Support Launchpad:
- You get an overview/status of any legal change related to our current localization features in standard countries at SAP ByD and/or pre-localized countries in SAP ByD
- You can retrieve information based on country, implementation status, planned release date, complexity and item description
- As you have the flexibility to select other SAP products, you can also monitor other legal changes in other non-localized countries in SAP ByD area as input for potential modification in country version by partner type or customer specific localization project
For instance, the following example describes information of change in VAT-China, which is similar to what is derived from this service in addition to information like the planned release.
- Introduction: China’s State Council has announced a reduction in the value-added tax (VAT) rates effective from May 1, 2018
- Business Background/Impact: The VAT rates need to be updated to address this change.
- Reference: Legal change published by State Administration of Taxation in China http://www.chinatax.gov.cn/n840303/c3368440/content.html
- Expected Solution: Value-added tax rates 16% and 10% should be applicable for sales documents, purchasing documents and accounting documents from May 1, 2018.
- Planned Release date: Available 1805
The SAP Business ByDesign administration users have access to the announcements of legal changes updates pertaining to SAP ByD development . First time users may check release notes available about SAP One Support.