Business ByDesign developers’ course
This week (14th May 2018) I had the great pleasure to host a group of Business ByDesign partners in the SAP Maidenhead office, Here we gave them a week’s instruction on the use of the SAP Cloud Application Studio to extend SAP Business ByDesign. This week’s course was lead by Codruta Pascariu from our Service Center in Romania.
The week covered many topics around the SAP Cloud Application Studio and how it can be used to support customer projects. The agenda covered
- Generate and Define Business Objects
- Create user interfaces for new business objects
- Build fine-tuning activities related to the new business objects
- Create extension fields on existing business objects
- Adapt existing user interface to include extension fields
- Integrate data via a web service and XML
- Debug elements of your custom solution
- Build a data source for a new business object and enhance a standard data source
- Establish approval task(s) and enable notification rule(s) based on a new business object
- Develop mashups
- Create Reuse libraries
- Create Process extension scenarios
- Publish a new add-on in scoping
- Manage the lifecycle of your add-on solution
This was definitely a full week, but the partners rose to the challenge magnificently, especially the recent recruits to the ByD partner community who had many questions, not just about the studio but about ByDesign in general All of which where handled by Codruta perfectly.
Partners were definitely impressed with how east it is to extend ByDesign and create in-app extensions that look just like native ByDesign functionality. These add-ons can inherit security and reporting function from standard ByD infrastructure.
To find out more about the Cloud Application Studio capabilities read the full documentation here.
contact me directly if you are interested in being a ByD partner or about the Partner Solution Center service to our current Partners.