SAP® Integrated Business Planning 1805 – what’s new?
Following our quarterly release strategy, we have released the 1805 version of SAP Integrated Business Planning last week, packed with innovations that will help you to run your planning processes more efficiently.
This time, I would like to put the spotlight on new order-based planning capabilities, such as:
- Fair Share Allocations: You can now equally allocate limited supply to demands of the same priority, ensuring some level of coverage for demands instead of shorting some entirely if supply were to run out.
- Freeze horizon: You can now stabilize their short-term plan by defining a frozen period (distribution and production) in which the system cannot create new orders, hence keeping the supply stable within the execution period and providing a feasible plan.
In the video below, I discussed major enhancements in SAP IBP for Response and Supply with Chief Product Owner Karsten Schierholt. We also talk about live customers and the benefit SAP IBP for Response and Supply brings to them.
And there is more for you in SAP IBP 1805:
- SAP CoPilot: SAP’s exciting new digital assistant has been added to the IBP solution enhancing collaboration with faster and more intuitive communication capabilities.
- Improved Analytics: End users now have the ability to combine different visualization types in a single chart thereby improving usability and making graphical representations of KPI’s more easily interpreted.
- Locking/Fixing of Key figure: You can now protect key figure values against unintentional changes by other users or automated processes. By fixing key figure values you can, for example, prevent overwriting of a customer specific forecast value.
- Model Forecast Consumption: Customers can now model both forward and backward consumption of forecast by sales orders in time series planning. This enables more granular planning and provides improved visibility into performance to plan.
- DDMRP: Automatic selection of decoupling points with reason code documentation now explains not only what points were selected for decoupling but also why. This provides increased visibility into the rationalization for the recommendations and help customers understand their technical transition into DDMRP.
Want to know more?
- To get more information around what is new in SAP Integrated Business Planning 1805, watch the recording of our latest webinar:
WEBINAR: SAP IBP What’s New – 1805: Slides | Recording |
- A summary of all recent and upcoming events and webinars around SAP Integrated Business Planning can be found here.
- Find 2 recent blogs on SAP Integrated Business Planning for Response and Supply in the SAP IBP Community:
How to visualize a Freeze horizon in IBP Excel?
What´s new in IBP Response and Supply 1805 – Order-based Planning
Franz Hero on Twitter
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter too, you can find me at: https://twitter.com/HeroFranz
The original article was published on LinkedIn at: