The Google Route Planner is a custom mashup available in BYD HTML5 Client.
Below are the prerequisites to leverage Google Route Planner Mashup in the BYD:
- Procure google maps API Key from Google.
- Enable the below three Google services for the procured API Key:
- Google Maps Geocoding API
- Google Maps Directions API
- Enter the API Key into Google Route Planner Mashup.
- Add the mashup to the BYD Route planning screen.
- Grant permission to access the device location – for BYD mobile google route planner.
Procure google maps API Key from Google
1. Log into Google API Developer Console
2. Click on Credentials from the left pane:
3. Create a new project:
4. Once the project is created, select API Key under create credentials menu button:
5. The generated API key will be used with Google Route Planner custom mashup:
Enable Google services for the API Key
6. Post successful creation of API Key, click on Library from the left pane to activate 3 of the google maps services.
8. Repeat the above step for the below APIs as well:
a. Google Maps Geocoding API
b. Google Maps Directions API
9. The list of enabled APIs will be displayed in the dashboard.
Enter the API Key into Google Route Planner Mashup
10. Login to the BYD HTML5 client.
11. Select Mashup Authoring from Application and User management work center:
12. Select Custom Mashups from the filter dropdown:
13. Select Google Maps from the list and click “Enter API Keys” button:
14. Click on Show API Key button and Enter the Google API key in the API Key value and press enter to save the key:
Add the mashup to the BYD Route planning screen
15. Goto Field Service and repair > Order Pipeline View. Select any order and click on Route Planning Button:
16. Enter into adaptation mode. Add the “Embedded Route Planner (Google.com)” mashup to the route planning screen. Save and publish the changes.
17. Stop Adaptation mode and you should be able to see the embedded google route planner.
Grant permission to access the device location – for BYD mobile google route planner
18. When accessing the mobile route planner for the first time, a prompt requesting permission to access the device location will appear. Select “Allow” in the prompt to grant permission to access the device location information.
All set now! Go ahead and start planning your route using BYD google route planner 🙂