SAP released a new version of Software Provisioning Manager
With release of SL Toolset SPS 23 there are 2 versions of Software Provisioning Manager available in parallel:
- Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 and
- Software Provisioning Manager 2.0
Depending on which SAP Software you want to provision, you have to choose the right version of the Software Provisioning Manager!
If you plan your installation in the Maintenance Planner, it calculates the right version automatically.
What’s new with Software Provisioning Manager 2.0:
- Optimized for SAP ABAP systems based on SAP HANA database
- Based on a HANA database backup in contrast to R3load based import
- Database load time will reduce significantly (Product version dependent)
- HANA specific artifacts are already available and don’t have to be created during installation (e.g. CDS views)
- A reduced number of ABAP reports need to run after import; the provisioning is more robust
- The ABAP database schema is named SAPHANADB. This name cannot be changed.
What remains the same:
- Same provisioning capabilities as with Provisioning Manager 1.0 (Installation, System copy using HANA DB methods, System Transformation)
- Same SAPinst and Web based user interface as with Software Provisioning Manager 1.0
For what Systems will Software Provisioning Manager 2.0 be necessary:
- All ABAP systems with new product versions or new support releases on HANA 2.0 only; e,g, SAP BW/4HANA 1.0 SR1 (see release below note for more details)
- All other products will be installed with Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 (see release note below for more details)
- SAP Note 1680045 (Release Note for Software Provisioning Manager 1.0)
- SAP Note 2568783 (Release Note for Software Provisioning Manager 2.0)
Best Regards Stefan Jakobi Product Management CLM