SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1805 release with SAP Activate
What is a clear deployment methodology of structured and solution-specific practices, carried out in a standardized environment, that puts business users in the driver’s seat?
SAP Activate’s approach provides innovation as a service, so businesses get access to new and differentiating capabilities, and the flexibility to deploy innovation when and how they choose, leading to clear and sustained competitive advantages such as: Greater Value, Adopting Innovation, Reduced Cost of Ownership, and Business Continuity. Please visit SAP Activate’s JAM page for more information.
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1805. The updates are available on SAP Best Practices Explorer (SAP BPX), SAP Roadmap Viewer, and in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud application. The sections below outline the key updates delivered with this release.
The following feature improvements are available on the SAP Best Practices Explorer:
- The following feature improvements are now available on SAP Best Practices Explorer:
- New “How-to” tutorial videos to introduce key features of SAP Best Practices Explorer
- New online help version available for SAP Best Practices Explorer with improved usability
- Additional tool languages and translated content for SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Improved “Contact us” function for tool and content-related queries
The SAP Activate content in the Implementation Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud has been enhanced for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1805 release with many improvements to help guide through the implementation journey. A few highlights are:
- Enhanced Fit-to-Standard process by including integration topics and scenarios.
- Expanded Integration Work Stream to include an Integration Planning and Design deliverable and related tasks focused on the planning of the integration. Renovated the Quality Gate accelerator by simplifying and focusing it on only SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added several inter/intra-company related tasks with additional instructions to provide setup guidance.
- Expanded the Discover Phase with new content for the Digital Discovery Assessment process to help guide the customer to the applications simplifying the solution discovery.
- Improved New Country Extensions and New Scope Activation guidance based on project experience and feedback from Product Experts.
Please find below a few highpoints related to the Deployment Experience:
- Usability improvements to Configure Your Solution to include: improved performance, simple filters, and a better download feature. In addition, improvements were made to the navigation and screen labels.
- Available through Configure Your Solution are 242 additional Self Service Configuration UIs (SSCUIs).
- Improved features as well as increased coverage of test automats for post upgrade tests were made in the area of the test automation tools.
Our customers, partners and SAP colleagues are using the SAP Activate assets more and more every month. In April, over 48 thousand unique users accessed the tools and viewed over 729 thousand pages of SAP Activate content. A clear indication of the value we are bringing when implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Run simple – SAP Activate – Accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA