What’s New in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom Release 2018.08
This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.08. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
SAP Analytics Cloud agent version required for data acquisition with this release:
- Version 1.0.85 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
- Note: Although it is not required, you can upgrade to the new agent version 1.0.101, no matter what data acquisition type you use. Do this to take advantage of updates made to SAP Analytics Cloud agent.
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Enter data on leaves for accounts with exception aggregations
- Digital Boardroom: View table of contents in design mode
- Mobile: Filter and refresh usability enhancements
- Mobile: Hide option for stories pages and presentation topics
- Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables: Tenant-wide configuration for homepage colour and logo
- Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables: Formatting the number of decimal places for pie/donut charts
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
It doesn’t matter if you’re a Digital Boardroom designer or viewer—you want to be able to understand how all your pages and stories connect! With this new feature, you can find a table of contents that summarizes the relationships and hierarchies among your pages.
Now, by clicking the new Table of Contents button under the View tab, you are provided an entire overview of your Digital Boardroom that you previously would’ve needed to create from scratch.
We’ve updated the usability of key features for you in the SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile app! You’ll notice that the filter icon is now updated and we have moved the Share and Refresh buttons out of the submenu.
Don’t want to see specific story pages or the Digital Boardroom on your Mobile app? No problem. Instead of the existing Set as Hidden button, which will hide pages in View mode and on your mobile device, the new Hide in Mobile button will only hide your pages on mobile!
If all the pages or topics are hidden, the entire story or Digital Boardroom will be hidden from view in mobile.
Get one step closer to your perfectly customized dashboard. Now, System Administrators can configure the homepage background colour, tiles, and logo for all users on a tenant. The System Administrator only needs to save these changes once before all tenant users see them.
Alongside the option to upload your own custom logo, the background colour options available include: SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP, Custom, and None. Also, users can override settings or return to the default settings set by the administrator.
Story designers can now format the number of decimal places for pie and donut charts! This simple setting can be adjusted in the styling panel and the range is from zero to seven decimal places (However, the default of two decimal points remains.)
Formatting of decimal points for other charts will be coming soon!
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.07
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.06
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.05
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.04
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.03
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.02
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.01
- More >
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.