Master data maintenance with SAP S/4HANA has not spared any effort into taking customer experience to the next level….be it with new apps or with new features.
In 1805, from master data maintenance with SAP S/4HANA, we have enhanced the Fiori apps of Customer, Supplier, Business Partner, and Product to make the process of master data creation more efficient.
Here’s what you get in 1805:
- Check for Potential Duplicates of Master Records – During the process of master data creation, many a time users would have come across situations where you would want to use a template for your master records, or even situations where you create a record only to find that many similar records exist. A duplicate check at the point of creation of master data allows a user to discover any potential duplicates already existing in the system. If potential duplicates are suggested by the system, the user has the option to either abort the creation of the new instance or simply proceed with it if he decides that the new record is not actually duplicate data.
- Mass maintenance of product data – Using this feature, you can navigate to the Mass Processing app from the Manage Product Master app, wherein you can process multiple active products or variants of configurable products at a time.
- Validation of Custom Logic (Extensibility) – You can validate the custom logic that you implement in the Manage Product Master app using this feature.
- Business Event Handling – Class based event handling has been enabled for the SAP Object Type You can use the class Product Business Events (CL_MDM_PRD_EVENTS) for handling the business events for SAP Object Type Product.
- New Entity for OData Service for Product Master – The OData Service for Product Master (API_PRODUCT_SRV) is updated with the new entity A_ProductPlantMRP.
- Changed API for Product Master – Replicate Product (SOAP) – The web service for replicating product master data is updated with new nodes Valuation Area and MRP Area (under Plant). The new nodes are relevant for both inbound (ProductMDMBulkReplicateRequest_In) and outbound (ProductMDMBulkReplicateRequest_Out) interfaces.
- OData for Manage Business Partner Master Data – The OData for Manage Business Partner Master Data replaces the OData for Manage Customer Master Data and Manage Supplier Master Data
- Multiple Assignment – You can assign multiple customers or multiple suppliers to the same business partner. You can maintain multiple addresses for the same business partner and assign one address to each additional customer or supplier record.
- Read Access Logging – With Read Access Logging (RAL), you can monitor and log access to personal data for the OData for Business Partner (API_BUSINESS_PARTNER) and Replicate Business Partner Outbound Data (BusinessPartnerSUITEBulkReplicateRequest_Out) interfaces
- Extensibility in IDocs DEBMAS and CREMAS – You can extend customer and supplier master data using the Custom Fields and Logic A custom field can be added by choosing the corresponding business context. You can enable IDoc replication of custom fields by marking them as relevant for IDocs.
- Data Enrichment Integration – Integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud for data enrichment enables you to enrich your existing business partner (only organization) master data by consuming from data providers, eliminating the risk of errors in manual data creation.
If you’d like to know more about these features, check here.