In the previous blog, we discussed about Analytics in GTM-Long Short Report where we saw graphical representation of three scenarios of long short report in GTM. In this blog, we will discuss about the new possibilities of representing GTM analytical scenarios using SAP Analytics Cloud(SAC). This is to provide our customers with screens having a better look and feel and, also to provide them more flexibility in their analysis.
What have we come up with?
We are exploring analytical use cases in GTM which are of high importance to our customers in their day to day business and, which may also help them in taking smarter business decisions.
For this we have come up with four sample scenarios which are represented in SAC. Sample scenarios are:
I. Trading Contract Status Analysis.
II. Open Quantity Analysis.
III. Price Analysis.
IV. GeoMap Analysis.
Let’s discuss the above scenarios one by one.
I. Trading Contract Status Analysis
We have three charts as below:
a) Bar chart with number of Trading Contracts per Trading contact status.
b) Donut chart with Trading contract % per Trading Contract Status.
– Traders can drill down on Trading contract status to see the list of trading contracts with the given contract status. Here they can find out the contracts that need their attention for example, the contracts with status Open or Changed after release.
c) Time series chart with Date wise Trading Contracts created.
– Traders can analyze the number of Trading contracts created on a given date.
– There is also an option to forecast the number of Trading contracts that are likely to be created in coming days. This can help traders to get an idea of their future margins.
II. Open Quantity Analysis
We have two charts as below:
a) Open Quantity per Material Group/Material Number.
b) Open Quantity % per Material Group/Material Number.
– Traders can drill down on a Material group to see what Materials in that group have open quantity.
– Traders can find out top/bottom N materials with open quantity.
III. Price Analysis
We have four charts as below:
a) Vendor wise Purchase Price.
b) Customer wise Sales Price.
c) Date wise Purchase Price.
d) Date wise Sales Price.
– Traders can figure out the most valuable customers/vendors.
– Traders can drill down/up on charts c and d above to analyze Purchase/Sales price on a given date, month, quarter or year.
IV. GeoMap Analysis
In this analysis, we are planning to plot plant locations on GeoMaps and plant’s bubble size will represent the amount of open quantity present in that plant. Here we can analyze the open quantity based on plant location in GeoMap.
How have we connected on-premise GTM system with SAC?
We have connected on-premise GTM system with SAC using OData services.
For more details please watch our PoC demo video below:
Any new suggestions and feedback are highly welcomed. Also, we are open to consider other new analytical business scenarios in GTM so please feel free to shoot a comment below.