SAP GUI for Windows: Updated lifecycle information
I would like to take the opportunity to announce several important updates regarding the lifecycle of SAP GUI for Windows.
- SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 will be out of support by 30th of June 2018 (less than 2 months left). If you are presently using this release, please upgrade to SAP GUI for Windows 7.50 as soon as possible.
- SAP GUI for Windows 7.50 is in full support until 9th of April 2019 and afterwards will be in a restricted support mode until 31st of March 2020. We extended this phase by 6 months today due to the announcement listed under “3.”. “Restricted support” means that we will be processing issues just like during mainstream support, but in the rare case that an issue cannot be fixed by us, because it is caused by an error in the C-Runtime belonging to Visual Studio 2013 (which is no longer fully supported by Microsoft after 9th of April 2019) we may respond by saying that an upgrade to release 7.60 is the only available solution.
- SAP GUI for Windows 7.60 is planned to be delivered on 25th of February 2019 and will be supported until 12th of April 2022. Originally, we planned to ship the new release in September 2018, but we are facing substantial problems in our migration to Visual Studio 2017. Therefore, we had to postpone the shipment by 5 months.
For those interested in what SAP GUI for Windows 7.60 will bring, I have a list of our key topics here:
- Accessibility support for Belize theme
- High Contrast Black and High Contrast White options for Belize theme
- “Colors in System” for Belize Theme
- Further Belize theme improvements (SAP Logon, Options dialog,…)
- Input history in editable ALV
- Further improvements for SAP Screen Personas 3.0 support
- Clean-Up (removal of Enjoy theme, no support for saplogon.ini anymore)
SAP GUI Team