S4 HANA and IBP Integration using CPI-DS
In this blog, I will explain the CPI steps to integrate the S4 HANA and IBP using CPI-DS(Cloud Platform Integration for Data Services).
Refer the below blog to know quick overview about the scenarios/stories and IBP.
SAP help reference:
Scenario: OP S4HANA and IBP integration using a standard template
Source system: S4HANA
Data integration: CPI-DS using IBP Templates
Target system: SAP IBP
- Create a Project – Login to CPI system and create a new project for the integration scenario
- Create Task – Create the task using the SAP provided standard template
- Select source connection – Source and target connections should be created before designing the DS integration flow( S4H is the source connection for this blog)
- Select target connection – IBP_S4HOP is the target connection which connects to IBP on the cloud environment.
- Define data flow under the task created in step 2.
- Assign/Change staging table – You have the option to change the target staging table
- Change data flow using mapping editor – we have copied the standard template for location master integration. Using mapping editor we have the option to change the data flow objects such as mapping & query
- The next step is to map source and target structure using mapping editor
- Define data flow join
- Data flow custom filter
- Trigger data agent using the task by clicking the More Actions from the menu item.
- Check the flow in CPI-DS
- IBP Data replication verification – Login to IBP on-demand system and navigate to data integration jobs to check the replicated data
- IBP Replicated data – you can find the number of replicated records in the data integration jobs.
Some useful links to read more about IBP.
CPI-DS agent setup guide : https://blogs.sap.com/2015/12/11/step-by-step-guide-to-setup-hci-ds-agent/