We often say two people are really in sync if they finish each other’s sentences. But really, that’s not too impressive a feat. Once somebody is already talking, it’s not hard to predict where the conversation is heading. No, the true test is if the couple can anticipate each other’s needs so well they don’t have to talk at all. It’s the glass of water you didn’t realize you were thirsty for, or the flowers delivered before you said you were having a bad day.
Proactive support brings people closer together. The same is true of businesses and their customers. It’s good when you’re immediately available to solve a problem. It’s better if the problem is solved before the customer’s through filing a ticket. Better still to solve a problem before the customer is even aware it exists.
The absolute best version of proactive support, though, is when your business can reach out when there isn’t a problem at all. When you can give customers an insightful piece of advice that helps make their business better. That kind of support makes a customer say “Wow!”
It takes a combination of the right data, smart analysis, and on-point personnel to engineer wow moments for your customers. Technology makes it easier than ever to offer that level of proactive support — if your business has the right mindset and infrastructure.
On this episode of the SAP Customer Support Podcast, we asked our panel of industry leaders how customer support teams can proactively help customers succeed in their business. Our experts share insight on how your business can bring together technology, people, and the right mindset to provide truly proactive customer support.
Amongst others on this episode:
- Daniel Delank, CSO & Global Vice President for ITD-4 Growth at T-Systems, explains how data is the key component to being predictive.
- Michael Rieder, Senior Vice President, Lifetime Customer Success at SAP, discusses how proactive support can help customers drive business outcomes.
- Shep Hyken, Chief Amazement Officer at Shepard Presentations, shares how your business can build the rapport you need to be proactive.
Download the episode now for these insights and more from experts in the customer support industry.
Your customers already expect you to finish their sentences. To provide a wow moment, your business needs to start the conversation. Identify opportunities to save customers time and effort, then reach out proactively to help them succeed.
- Episode 1: How Digital Transformation Is Changing Support
- Episode 2: How to Future-Proof Your Customer Support
- Episode 3: The Essential Tools & Technologies to Elevate Customer Support
- Episode 4: The Secret to Omni-Channel Support