The powerful capabilities which SAP’s Cloud ERP SAP Business ByDesign provides for GDPR have been enhanced with 1805 (here you can see what has been delivered before 1805.). With ByDesign 1805 your data privacy officers will be enabled to:
- Block data usage: Data privacy officers can manually block the usage of data stored for natural persons to avoid that data can be used for new business processes or to filter for the person in reports.
- Channel-specific marketing consent: Sales and marketing employees can per channel (e.g. mail, phone, letter etc.) decide if contacts and private accounts are to be excluded, included or checked before executing outbound communication.
The demo video below gives you an impression on how this works in our 1805 release:
1. Usage Blocking
Data privacy officers can manually block the usage of data stored for naturals person to avoid that data can be used for new business processes:
- Blocked persons will not appear in master data work centers, value helps & webservices and cannot be used for new business processes anymore.
- Only the data privacy team will be able to see all master data and also be able to unblock.
- PDI add-ons which use standard business partner queries need to add parameter “ExludeBusinessPurposeCompleted” to hide blocked persons
- Existing business documents will remain visible & will still be possible to process.
- Reports it will not allow to filter for blocked persons but business documents will appear in results & key figures
- Existing business documents will remain visible and key figures remain stable
- Navigation to the natural person will not be possible anymore.
2. Marketing Consent
Sales and marketing employees can mark contacts and private accounts to be excluded, included or checked before executing outbound marketing campaigns:
- Mark contacts to be included, excluded from marketing campaigns per channel including ability to retrieve and change consent by webservice.
- Channel independent marketing permissions which can be used to indicate that overall recheck might be needed.
- Ability to add more marketing channel by configuration e.g. social media, e-mail-newsletter…
- Ability to extend channels by PDI