SAP Mobile Cards Helps you Take SAP SuccessFactors Mobile
SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services now includes a mobile card kit feature that makes it easy to take your most visited HR data mobile. With the 1803 release, we now provide pre-built template cards for SuccessFactors. These cards are fully functional and can be used as is, or they can be customized to match your company branding or to add additional data. These are complimentary in nature to the native SuccessFactors mobile app as we provide instant access and offline access to the HR data users frequent the most.
Today, SAP Mobile Cards provides SuccessFactors cards for following :
- My Paycheck
- My Time Sheets
- My Accrued Vacation
- My To Dos
- My Profile & My Team / Direct Reports
SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services includes a mobile card kit – essentially an easy to use tool for micro app generation on iOS and Android. The tool provides companies a solution to create “no code” and “low code” micro apps in hours, not months. You can mobilize data from any system that is accessible via REST so there are low barriers to getting started. A single SAP Mobile Cards micro app can have cards coming from many different SAP & non-SAP based systems.
Sample use cases for SAP Mobile Cards:
- Companion micro apps that reference a report or a KPI that may be in a larger purpose built app
- Quick reference apps
- Lightweight simple apps. If you are thinking of an app that may fit 1-2 screens, it’s likely SAP Mobile Card kit is a great fit.
- Company message cards (e.g. – building / campus information cards, HR deadlines, company events, etc)
- Micro apps for lean process workflows. We also have a pre-built card to support the UWL/SAP Inbox
No iOS or Android development experience necessary. End users download the SAP Mobile Cards app from the public app stores and then deploy these lightweight micro-apps directly into the app. End users can enjoy this live & interactive, digital wallet experience for business. Users are notified when important stuff happens and the content is available all of the time.
How to check it out yourself:
- Check out our website – https://www.sap.com/developer/topics/mobile/content2go.product-details.html#product-details
- Download the iOS client from iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sap-content-to-go/id1168110623?mt=8 or point your iPhone camera at this QR code
- Run the iPhone’s SAP Mobile Cards app in Demo Mode
- Then dive into your SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services and try it our yourself. Here is a link to our SAP Mobile Interactive Tutorials: https://www.sap.com/developer/tutorial-navigator/mobile-interactive-tutorials/content2go.html
Documentation – https://help.sap.com/viewer/b843a9ca7291450b991eb8d1615c65ce/Latest/en-US
You mention iOS & Android support but looking at the SAP documentation its says that only iOS is supported.
Are you able to confirm if Android can currently leverage Mobile Cards?
Matt may have let a little "Mobile Card" out of the bag 😉 . Keep your eye on Google Play, perhaps starting early next week 😉
Fantastic Britt. Certainly hoping to use Mobile Cards for some quick wins for both iOS/Android. I'll keep an eye out on the Play Store 😉
Former Member have you seen this late blog from Matt? https://blogs.sap.com/2018/04/27/sap-mobile-cards-expands-client-support-to-android/. Check it out!