This blog illustrates the best practice on how to import Data Workbench CSV files in Microsoft Excel for data modification. While performing an update, if you open the CSV file directly from Data Workbench, you may see incorrect data and date format.
To avoid these involuntary changes in data, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Excel, select Data > From Text.
- Select the relevant CSV file and click Open/
- In the Text Import Wizard, select Delimited, Unicode(UTF-8), and check My data has headers as indicated here, and then click Next.
- Select the relevant delimiter for your file and click Next.
- Note: If your file is exported from Data Workbench, the delimiter is Comma.
- Select text, as indicated here, for all the columns of the file. (Use Shift to select all the columns.)
- After the whole data preview section is highlighted from the selection, click Text in Column Data Format, and then click Finish. The Import Data dialog box appears.
- Click the first cell of the Excel sheet (as indicated in the screenshot below) and click OK.
- Save the document as CSV UTF-8
The CSV data is imported without any changes to the data or the date format.
The user interface may vary depending on your version of Microsoft Excel.