The new and updated product documentation for SAP HANA Platform 2.0 SPS 03 is now available on SAP Help Portal.
Here you’ll find all the essential SAP HANA guides and references updated for the latest release. Some highlights include:
- The Feature Scope Description is updated with a new graphic to reflect the new edition structure.
- Since the its SPS 04 release, the SAP HANA cockpit has its own product page to reflect a more frequent release schedule. If you want to see the cockpit documentation for earlier SPS, you can still do so via the HANA Platform documentation on the Help Portal.
- To make navigation intuitive and easy, many parts of the documentation have been enhanced with interactive graphics, for example The XS Advanced Application-Development Process, SAP HANA Application Development Guides, or SAP HANA Database-Artifact Development Tasks in the Developer Information Map, or Administration Information Map and SAP HANA Cockpit in the Administration Guide.
What’s new in SPS 03?
You can find out information about new and enhanced features in the What’s New in the SAP HANA Platform 2.0. Also, check out the Live Expert Series and new SPS 03 videos and blogpost from SAP HANA Academy. Some release highlights are:
- The system replication section in the SAP HANA Administration Guide now contains documentation on multi-target replication that increases security, the invisible takeover feature that ensures seamless SQL reads on the secondary host, and secondary time travel that allows to retrieve data loss without requiring a restore from backup.
- The workload management section of the administration guide contains documentation on how to set a query timeout as a global parameter on a system level, and wildcard support that allows multiple value mapping.
- A persistent memory section has been added to the Administration guide that describes the newly supported feature of non-volatile RAM (NVRAM). This is a persistent storage type but can be treated by the CPU as RAM therefore offering fast read and write performance. For restrictions of this feature, see SAP Note 2618154.
- The documentation of the new SAP HANA cockpit SP 06 describes several new feature enhancements that simplify enterprise-wide database administration and monitoring, for example table redistribution management and dataset comparison for different time ranges.
- Find out about how real-time data anonymization allows the analysis of sensitive data while keeping it private in the SAP HANA Security Guide. For more, see this blog entry.
- The SAP HANA Text Analysis Developer Guide now contains documentation on Web IDE Extensions for text analysis.
- SAP HANA Graph Reference describes broadened GraphScript for path and sequence data types, and SAP HANA Spatial Reference entails documentation on new linear referencing and alpha shape functions.
- The SAP HANA SQLScript Reference now contains documentation on new built-in libraries among other new and enhanced features. For more, see this blog entry.
- A new SQL plan stability feature that allows you to protect the performance of capturing query plans after a system upgrade is now documented in the SAP HANA Troubleshooting and Performance Analysis Guide.
- The new XSA administration tool XS Advanced Cockpit that provides the same features as the deprecated XS advanced administration tools is now documented in the dedicated section in the Administration Guide.
Thank you to all who have shared their feedback for the documentation using the commenting function of the Help Portal!
Your SAP HANA Platform User Assistance team