Staying up-to-date with SuccessFactors Delta Knowledge and Assessment
A month ago I attained my first SAP SuccessFactors Certification and during this week its delta assessment. I shared my learning experience and few tips to prepare for Employee Central exam at Get Certified and Promote Skills. Now as I have completed the module’s delta content and have received the certificate of participation, I’m here to describe the steps, required to keep one’s status as Certified. If you think something isn’t clear, please post your questions in comments and I’ll be happy to share what I know of the subject.
Changed Solutions for Change in Functions due to Changes in Business
To be the first choice of its customers, a software has to have the features required by its target market segment. With the frequent changes in the business models, the individual functions supporting such businesses have also changed and are continuously changing. The HR Line of Business also has witnessed a dramatic change in last few years; the practices which were common earlier to hire, manage, develop and retain employees, are not / least followed anymore. And the trend indicates the function to be evolving. The market leading HRIS have realized such needs and are providing the features HR Line of Business requires to run better.
Releases to Cater Changed Business Needs
The SAP SuccessFactors, therefore, is following the concept of quarterly releases to keep its customers ready to meet new challenges. While the HR solution provider is updating the earlier releases with the new features, it is also making sure that the Consultants – assisting businesses with its implementation – are also aware of the tool’s advanced capabilities. It, therefore, requires Consultants to
- Study the delta content, explaining the new enhancements, learn the changed functionalities, and
- Go through a formal assessment to make sure they fully understand the features introduced in the new releases.
The Steps to upgrade self with the knowledge of Changed / Enhanced Solutions
Assuming you already have the Learning Hub and are certified in an earlier release of SuccessFactors Solutions, here are the steps you need to keep yourself at par with the required knowledge.
- Log on to the Learning Hub and look for My Active Courses.
- From the list of courses, which you can complete any time, click on DUE LATER.
- You’ll see the Delta Content listed, with date to complete.
- Upon choosing the CONTINUE COURSE > button, you’ll be able to see the course details, including the time required to learn it.
- Once you choose to Continue Course, you’ll be asked to confirm if you want to launch it even though it’s not due until its end date.
- As soon as you confirm to continue, you can see the Delta Information and Assessment.
- Choose the Delta Information to read through the topic areas.
- The individual topic areas explain the what and why as well as its prerequisites. In some cases, screenshots are also provided to point-out the changed processes.
- Once you have read and understood the topics, you can start with the Delta Assessment.
- The number of questions in the assessment may vary and are dependent on the changes introduced in the release.
- To pass the assessment you have to score 100% marks.
Passed the Assessment, now what?
Congratulations for the achievement! Now share the above-mentioned steps with those who need to know the “How” of the Delta Assessment. And continue learning!