As S/4HANA gains popularity, still, there are many questions related to basic mendatory features in S/4HANA. Especially for people who have not worked earlier on these MENDATORY feature of S/4 have many questions related to feature. One of them is Business PARTNER.
Not sure if there is any comprehensive document stating all possible business scenario of the requirement around Business Partner, I try here to summarize the basic scenarios that may be applicable to a given Customer.
You must use transaction BP to create business partners:
Business Partner and various BP Roles : To understand Business Partner and BP-Roles, this picture provides a clear details of which kind of data to expect in which BP role.
- Role FLCU00 is for company code data (FI customer)
- Role FLCU01 is for sales area data (SD customer)
- Role FLVN00 is for company code data (FI supplier)
- Role FLVN01 is for vendor area data (MM supplier)
Below TABLE shows the various Business Scenarios which might be required to be configured, as per requirements of a customer :
|BP to Cust/Vend||Cust/Vend to BP||CVI Integration|
|000000 BP General|
· Role FLCU00 is for company code data (FI customer)
· Role FLCU01 is for sales area data (SD customer)
|BP to Customer||Customer to BP|
· Role FLVN00 is for company code data (FI supplier)
· Role FLVN01 is for vendor area data (MM supplier)
|BP to Vendor||Vendor to BP|
|(Customer as Vendor – i.e. Customer and Vendor are same entity, hence the Transactions and Recon- account# should reflect Final Balance to-pay or to-receive )|
|Customer & Vendor have same number|