S/4HANA self upgrade for SD consultant.
As we all know there is new innovation at SAP technology side and many companies adopting to it, upgrading their systems to new one etc, but when we look into self upgrade from consultant perspective may be we wont find something consolidated details which can be referred immediately.
Self update for any SAP consultant to align parallel with SAP developments specially with respect to S/4HANA related is very much required now to continue with long career in same.
Myself being SAP SD consultant when I started my journey to learn S/4HANA from its very first release 1511 there were so many confusions what to learn, from where to start, where to refer, practice etc. But today I think after 2 years of continuous efforts I am able to consolidate some contents which I learnt through continuous research on website, practice and through leading S/4HANA early bird team from my past company.
I know still there are so many SAP SD consultants who want to learn S/4HANA but there might be many confusions, may be the same what I too faced from my last 2 years tenure of learning.
Hence I decided to take some time to write this post to help all my SAP SD consultant friends share some knowledge about learning contents for S/4HANA on consultant perspective.
Whatever i am sharing here its just from my learning experience and as per my understandings and level of knowledge i have. I am may be wrong some time but please excuse if so.
Here are the minimum S/4HANA content that every SD consultant must know in order to say himself as S/4HANA ready consultant, so that he can practice further and try to get involved in any projects.
- Introduction to SAP S/4HANA.
- Evolution of SAP S/4HANA
- Key Aspects of SAP S/4HANA
- S/4 HANA Roadmap
- Benefits of S/4 HANA from business perspective
- Traditional ERP vs S/4 HANA.
- S/4 HANA Simplification List 1511/1610/1709
- List of Simplification for SD
- List of Simplification for MDM
- Meaning of S/4 HANA versions release (On-Premise and Cloud)
- Introduction to SAP Activate Methodology
- New Implementation
- System Conversion
- Landscape transformation
- Master data changes in S/4HANA
- Customer/Vendor creation using Business partner approach
- CVI Integration
- BP related configuration in SPRO and assignments
- Foreign Trade data In the Material Master
- MRP data In the Material Master
- Material Number Field_ Length Extension
- Innovations: Sales and Distribution
- What does SAP SD look like in SAP S4 HANA
- Solution capabilities of SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management Sales and Distribution
- Data Model Changes In The SD Pricing
- Fiori Apps for SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management Sales and Distribution
- Architectural Changes/ Configurations related to Sales.
- Billing Document Output Management.
- SD Rebate Processing Replaced By the Settlement Management and configuration
- Credit management and configuration(FSCM – OPTIONAL)
- Back order processing with Advance ATP.
- Introduction to SAP Fiori
- Introduction to Fiori.
- Overview of SAP Fiori Apps related to Logistics.
As per my understandings above are the minimum topics that any SAP SD consultant should know who are already working on various projects implementation/roll out/support on ECC 6.0 or older versions.
From my next post I will try to highlight on some of these topics and you may also try to search through online in order to get any articles/videos/blogs etc for learning.
Hope this post helps and shows some path for new learning if you are in confusion.
Thanks & Regards,
Nice news! will be very interesting!
Thanks for sharing your learning experience in S4 HANA!
Waiting for your next blog, which I guess would be configuration on above mentioned topics.
Please keep sharing your knowledge!
Please write another blog on your findings.
Thanks for sharing your learning experience in S4 HANA..
Thanks a lot for your concern on our co consultants and this info is quite informative and directive. Please try to share your future findings is possible to help and guide us.
Thank you once again.
Devi Prasad S
Thanks , waiting for more
Very thanks for sharing the valuable information.