Google Search connects you to previews of SAP Knowledge Base Articles
SAP has enabled customers to easily find KBAs via their preferred search engine on the internet.
If the symptoms in the preview KBA match the issue the customer is facing, a click on the “more” link takes the customer to the solution via SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
Currently there are 109.000 KBA’s already indexed by Google alone.
Since March 2018 the look and feel of the KBAs released on the internet has been enhanced according to the SAP Fiori Guidelines.
Beyond the compelling look and feel this also includes:
- Pages are responsive across different devices e.g. laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Images now scale better to the device’s screen size
- In Internet Explorer text flow around images has been improved
- HTML tables include a scrollbar when required rather than scaling to the devices’ screen. This means the table can be read better on small screens
- Consistent user experience across SAP Support Portal web pages
- Social media section at the bottom of the KBAs gives easy access to SAP Support relevant social media channels
To illustrate this in an example
- Customers search in their preferred search engine e.g. Google for an error in an SAP product.
The search will display a list of results similar to the one in the screenshot below.
- Add KBA as additional search term
- A KBA Preview can be easily identified as it starts by its unique number
The above search displays a promising KBA in the first position of the search results.
- When the link to the KBA is clicked, the following KBA Preview is displayed
- The customer can check the Symptom, Environment, Products and Keywords and if they match with the issue the customer experiences a click on the “more” link will log them on to the SAP ONE Support Launchpad with their S-user (required) where also the Resolution section of the KBA is displayed.