Sync Employee Data with Success Factors (with Delta and Inactive Logic)
This report extracts data from the SAP ERP system so that it is available in Success Factors Business Execution (BizX) for Talent Management processes. During each run, the report extracts only the data for the selected employees that has changed compared with the last run.
The report assigns employees that are not included in the selection area of any extraction variant the status Inactive so that this information can be transferred to Success Factors BizX. For example, this applies to employees who switch to an enterprise area for which no integration with Success Factors is planned.
There are 3 major tables used during this Delta extraction.
- HRSFI_D_EXTR_LOG (Success Factors: Log Table for Delta Handling) – Delta extraction Image.
- HRSFI_D_INACT_EE (Success Factors: Log for Inactive Employees )
- HRSFI_D_ERR_LOG (Success Factors: Log Table for Errors in Delta Handling )
The report Sync Employee Data with Success Factors (with Delta and Inactive Logic) (RH_SFI_SYNCHRONIZE_EMPL_DATA) extracts only the data for the selected employees that has changed since the last data extraction. To determine this data, the report proceeds as follows:
- The first time the report is run with an extraction variant, the report stores the current status of the data extraction in the table HRSFI_D_EXTR_LOG, depending on the variant used.
- When the report is run again with the same variant, the report extracts all data for all employees in the selection area of the variant again.
- It compares this data with the previous version stored in the table HRSFI_D_EXTR_LOG.
- The report writes only the data that is not identical in the previous version and the current version to the generated CSV file.
- It then overwrites the previous status of the data extraction with the new status in the table HRSFI_D_EXTR_LOG.
This procedure ensures that the current status of the extracted data is always known in the SAP ERP system. In this way, the report can also consider changes in Customizing and process customer-specific data retrieval logic as required.
The report Sync Employee Data with SuccessFactors (with Delta and Inactive Logic) (RH_SFI_SYNCHRONIZE_EMPL_DATA) determines whether there is to be no further data extraction for employees for whom data has already been extracted from the SAP ERP system and transferred to SuccessFactors BizX. For example, this could be the case if the employees have switched to another enterprise area for which there is no integration with SuccessFactors BizX. The report indicates such employees as Inactive in the generated CSV file so that this information can be transferred to SuccessFactors BizX. The report proceeds as follows:
- It checks whether an employee that was selected with a variant the previous time the report was run is no longer contained in the selection area for this variant.
If this is the case, the report marks this employee in the table HRSFI_D_INACT_EE and removes him or her from the table HRSFI_D_EXTR_LOG for the current variant.
- When the report is run with other variants, it checks whether an employee that is marked in the table HRSFI_D_INACT_EE is contained in the selection area of one of these variants.
If this is the case, the report enters the employee in the table HRSFI_D_EXTR_LOG and selects REPEAT_NEEDED for this employee.
- The next time the report is run with the first variant, it checks whether the employee that it marked in the table HRSFI_D_INACT_EE has been entered in the table HRSFI_D_EXTR_LOG by another variant.
- If this is the case, the report removes the employee in question from the selection.
- If this is not the case, the report indicates the employee as Inactive in the generated CSV file and removes him or her from the table HRSFI_D_INACT_EE.
- When the report is run with other variants, it checks whether employees have been entered in the table HRSFI_D_EXTR_LOG and selected as REPEAT_NEEDED the previous time that this variant was run.
If this is the case, the report extracts the changed data for this employee.
Performance Improvement proposal:
These tables are playing major role for SF interface Delta extraction process. Table HRSFI_D_ERR_LOG keep grow upon your log selection. From the report selection screen, error logs can be filtered.
This table is one of the direct Proportional parameter for this interface run time. Refer note: 2388837. Method CL_HRSFI_SYNCHRONIZE_EMPL_DATA–>UPDATE_DB_NO_TRANSFERS & CL_HRSFI_SYNCHRONIZE_EMPL_DATA–>UPDATE_DB_PER_PACKAGE has loop on HRSFI_D_ERR_LOG. Also you can see, Loop within a loop. If still Delta extraction run time taking longer than usual, follow below steps with extra cautious.
1. Run delta interface with file download option to download latest file for backup.
2. Go to FM HRSFI_DELETE_SCENARIO_ERROR and pass your variant name in the parameter IV_SCENARIO. (This will clear-out existing error logs).
3. Go to FM HRSFI_UPDATE_REFERENCE and delete unused images or remove repeat flags using update parameter.
4. Go to FM HRSFI_UPDATE_INACTIVE and clear-out inactive errors.
5. Reschedule job for performance measure.
Still we have scope to improve performance when unwanted employees excluded from extraction and delta comparison.
Method ON_GET_PERAS, employee records can be excluded when employee records tagged to skip in the table MT_SKIP_PERNRS.