How to make cloud system independent browser bookmarks for Fiori apps/tiles
Target group: Developer and Consultants who has to work with several different SAP S/4HANA Cloud systems
- Following blog was tested with an SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1802 version. In future it might be, that SAP changes the way of calling tiles respectively creating links
- Google Chrome was used
With SAP S/4HANA Cloud only Fiori apps, so called tiles, are available. It is not possible to call applications via transactions (like in S/4HANA on-premise GUI version)
So, every user need to organize the SAP launchpad by their own – which needs to be done in every system again. User can
- Rearrange tiles in groups (custom and/or standard groups)
- Create custom groups and add necessary tiles
- Search via tiles within the search box
By this blog I would like to show an smart way to link to tiles via browser bookmarks. The big advantage is, that those bookmarks will work for every cloud system!
Step 1: Open the Fiori app to identify the semanticObject and action
In this example, let’s call the tile “Manage Your Solution”. By opening this tile a specific link will be opened:
Within this link, the semanticObject and action will be required for the bookmark:
- The semanticObject can be found after the #
- The action can be found after –
In this case
- semanticObject: “CloudSolution”
- action: “manage”
Step 2: Create Bookmark
- #1 will represent the semanticObject
- #2 will represent the action
Step 3: Test
The big advantage is now,
- that the link is getting created dependent on the cloud system which is shown on the screen
- user do not have to organize the most important tiles in every system again
Hi Martin ,
Thanks for sharing info !
The above Tip will work for GUI Based Apps as well ?? or only for UI based apps
I have not tested with ALL GUI based apps 🙂 But those I need so far - it works fine.
Thanks a lot.
Its a wonderful tip.
Very good tip, thank you!