Transport Integration Content across Tenants using the Transport Management Service released in Beta
With the March 2018 monthly release of Cloud Platform Integration customers have the option to transport Integration Packages across Tenants using Cloud Based Transport Management Service which has been released in Beta mode as of March 2018. For further details about this service please see official documentation at Transport Management Service. The capability to transport using Transport Management Service is in addition to the transport option supported via CTS+. Please see blog for details on transport using CTS+.
This feature would be very useful for you under the following situations
- You have two or more Cloud Platform Integration tenants example test and production.
- You would like to design and test integration content only on the test landscape and move this later on to your other Tenants.
- You would like to manage the transportation of content centrally with clear responsible but at the same time do not use the SAP CTS+ On Premise solution OR would like to use a Cloud based Transport Management Service.
In such a situation this new transport feature enables you transport the integration package from the test to the production landscape.
The existing mechanism of transporting using manual export and import and CTS+ continues to be supported.
Getting access to Transport Management Service which is in Beta as of March 2018
Request a service entitlement for the Transport Management Service (alm-ts) application and the re-use service (transport) for your global account. You can request access to this service by sending an email to Harald Stevens ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Boris Zarske ( email@example.com ) from SAP.
Settings to be done to enable Transport Management Service
- You should enable transport to Transport Management Service. As a Tenant Admin (having Tenant Admin Role) you can do this by accessing Settings Option and choosing the tab Transport Settings. You would have to choose ‘Transport Management Service (Beta)’ from the dropdown list.
- Follow the steps mentioned here in documentation in SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit
Transporting the Content using Transport Management Service
- In the Source Tenant select the integration package that you want to transport.
- Choose Transport. This option is available if your Tenant Admin has enabled this in your Tenant Setting as mentioned above.
- In the Transport Comments prompt, provide comments and choose Transport.
- Based on your configuration the transport object would be attached to an Import Queue in the Transport Management Service.