Important product note: Road map for SAP S/4HANA Public Sector
The global product strategy at SAP is to accelerate the delivery of a full end-to-end cloud portfolio. More and more customers, in an increasing number of countries, with a cloud-first strategy are looking for public sector solutions that are deployed in a public cloud.
To better support this increasing number of customers, SAP has decided to intensify the investment in developing the SAP S/4HANA Public Sector solution. It will be deployed in a public cloud and offered as a pure software-as-a-service (SaaS) option. The first market SAP will address is state and local governments in the United States.
With respect to the renewal of the on-premise offering for Public Sector Management, customers repeatedly stated that continuity of the present functionality has a higher priority over the simplification and optimization as such. Due to the complexity of our customer landscape, SAP now has decided to avoid disruption as much as possible while providing innovation and value.
Consequently, SAP is now revising the product road maps for the on-premise offering and will round off innovations within the scope delivered in Q4/2018. Customers can migrate now to the fully functional SAP S/4HANA Public Sector solution.
Solution scope of the on-premise SAP S/4HANA Public Sector solution includes:
- Functional parity between the SAP ERP application and SAP S/4HANA – Funds and Grants Management are fully functional in SAP S/4HANA
- Funds Management and Grants Management fields are already in the universal journal for reporting and analysis
- SAP Fiori apps, including embedded analytics, and SAP Fiori launchpads are available to give public sector processes the full user experience of SAP S/4HANA
- Simplification of data model for budget
- Code optimization using capabilities of SAP HANA
- New analytical transactions
- Comprehensive and consumable virtual data model
- Available for all countries and public sector market segments
- Can be deployed on-premise, with SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, and in private cloud. This fundamental decision provides reliability and certainty for a non-disruptive transition to SAP S/4HANA