HANA Calculation View modeling on SAP Cloud Platform
You want to try out the HANA Calculation View modeling and view the data using the SAP HANA Web IDE, without installing any software.
Welcome to SAP Web IDE Full Stack on SAP Cloud Platform. Do it for free on SAP Trial account.
Below steps details out on how to enable the needed application on HANA Trail account.
- Logon to https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com
- Click on Neo Trial.
- Go to services
- Select SAP Web IDE Full-Stack Application.
- Before we create the HANA Views, lets enable the needed applications.
- Go to Preference, Click on Features section.
- Turn ON the application ‘Tools for SAP Hana Database Development’ which provides the graphical editors for modeling CDS artifacts, Calculation View, Analytic Privileges etc.
- Turn ON the application ‘SAP HANA Database Explorer’, whcj helps with viewing the data of the tables and views.
- Save your changes. This will cause the SAP Web IDE to relaunch again.
Please refer to video below.
Once you have enabled the needed applications, we will go ahead and create the needed artifacts.
The below view shows how a connectivity is made between the Neo Stack and Cloud Foundry stack and how to build and deploy the application on Cloud Foundry and view the data.