Automatic Password Reset Application for SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.x
BO Admin have to deploy this web application on the tomcat server.This is a web based application used to reset user passwords in the SAP BusinessObjects 4.x environment. The application resets the password and sends the new password to the email address that was entered in the CMC for the user so every user created in BO should be associated with an email address.
Workflow for BO Admin :
Below are the steps :
- Download the ZIP File attached with this email and extract it with any extractor like winzip. Passapp_withBatch.Zip / Passapp_withoutBatch.zip.
- Now, After extracting you will find below structure.
- Open the Passreset folder inside this.
- Edited logon.jsp and edit your server information.
Here, CMS : CMSServername:6400 , Username : The user who is administrator or have access to reset the password of a user. , String : Password of the user.
- Edit the reset userPasswordID.jsp file and edit the section the below.
String from : From the Email id you would be sending the email like : BO-Support@mycompany.com and smtpClient : the Email Domain of your company. Ex : mail.mycompany.com
Save both the files and simply Go back to extracted folder and STOP TOMCAT.
- Run the bat file.
- Once the batch file will complete it will automatic deploy and install the web app to your Tomcat.
- Verify the files are installed on the Tomcat and Start the Tomcat. It should Look like below.
Once the File is deployed. You can Simply use the URL http://servername:8080/Passapp to Launch the portal.
Workflow for User :
This application is designed to reset the password for the End Users who are using SAP BO 4.x machines.
- User ID should have updated Email Address in the BO Account.
- User Should know the userid.
Below are the steps :
- Open the Link provided by you admin : http://servername:8080/Passapp/
- Please Click on Button to Proceed
- Provide your Enterprise User ID
- Hit Reset Button and you will get message if successfully.
- The Password will be sent to user on email ID with random Password.
- Now user will be prompted when he/she will login from the given password to change it.
Download the Package from Here : DOWNLOAD PACKAGE