How to install previous version of IDM Developer Studio Plugin for eclipse?
Related Note: 2534861 – Require older SP of IDM Developer Studio Plug-in
Earlier whenever we try to install the IDM developer studio plugin from the below link, we can install only the latest IDM SP plugin, but cannot install the previous SP Versions Plugin.
It’s always a best practice to ensure all IDM components are on same level including IDM developer studio plugin for eclipse. Even SAP recommends the same.
Following are the Issues if we install other versions of IDM developer studio plugin for eclipse
- When we try to expand Process folder we get Retrieving Process Folder Failed error message
- New Settings maintained in the Approval tasks will not be saved.
Finally SAP has found a solution for this issue by updating the note 2534861
- Need to install SP04 version IDM developer studio plugin for eclipse as installed version of IDM core component is 8.0 SP04. But only latest SP version plugin is available to install. As per the below screenshot currently we can install only the latest IDM plugin version only
Steps to install pervious eclipse version:
- Login to Sap Support Launchpad -> Under Maintenance and Operations -> Select Software Downloads tile and navigate to Support Packages & Patches -> By Alphabetical Index -> N -> SAP NW Identity Management -> 8.0 -> COMPRISED SOFTWARE COMPONENT VERSION -> IDM CONFIG LM FOR ECLIPSE 8.0
- Click on respective version plugin to download
3. Make sure JRE/JDK has been already setup on your machine, if not please download it and install or else cannot run eclipse application.
4. Download Eclipse from site http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/
5. Extract the zip file and run the eclipse.exe application and create workspace.
6. Navigate to Help-> install new software -> click on Add Button
7. Click on Archive and provide the path of the downloaded eclipse zip file and click on OK
8. Now we can see the required plugin version to install. Select plugin and click on Next to install.
9. Usually the plugin would be installed successfully, but sometimes we may encounter the below error.
Error “Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found” when installing SAP Identity Management Developer Studio
If we are encountering this error then follow the below steps else the plugin has been installed successfully.
10. Go to Help-> install new software -> Enter this in the URL http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon
11. Under Modeling -> select Graphiti Incubation and click on next and install
12, Once installed please proceed with activities mentioned from Steps 6 to Step 8.
Kindly let me know incase of any mistakes.