What’s New in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom Release 2018.04
This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.04. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
SAP Analytics Cloud agent version required for data acquisition with this release:
- Version 1.0.85 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
Note: Although it is not required, you can upgrade to the new agent version 1.0.95, no matter what data acquisition type you use. Do this to take advantage of updates made to SAP Analytics Cloud agent.
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Change the priority order when locking cells in tables
- Planning: Guidance improvements for mass data entry actions
- Planning: View details for private version in the version management panel
- Collaboration: Existing data points will stay when switching between hierarchies
- Modelling: Restrict data export to a file for a model
- Infrastructure: Easily set your SAP Analytics Cloud language to your browser language
- Infrastructure: Sneak Peek of Release 5
- Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables: Merge of variable prompts from multiple models
- Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables: Formatting Geo Points
- Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables: Dynamic text for section headers
- Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables: Thresholds for blended calculations
- Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables: Add Trellis on chart dimension
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
SAP Analytics Cloud now allows you to change the order of cell locks during data entry. The order in which the cells locks are processed can impact the data entry result during data spreading. To manage the cell lock order simply click on the new cell lock icon and drag/drop to change the priority order for processing the locks.
With this release, w e ha ve streamlined use of mass data entry mode! Now when you enter mass data entry mode you will be presented with a quick action menu next to the table which allows you to commit changes and stay in mass data entry mode (Process & Stay), commit changes and exit mass data entry mode (Process & Exit), or discard your changes and exit (Exit).
View details for private version in the version management panel
See the details for your private version within the version management panel. We ha ve enhanced the feature so you can now easily view:
- Currency conversions
- Rate version
- Share rights
- Access rights in public versions
Existing data points will stay when switching between hierarchies
When you add a dimension to a table or switch between hierarchies, existing data point comments will continue to be shown assuming the data context is preserved.
You can now enable a switch within your model preferences to restrict user exports. If you want to share a story with other users but want to restrict their ability to extract the data, this feature is perfect for you! If the switch is on, the model data cannot be exported, but your viewers can still interact with the data as they typically would within the story.
Logging in for the first time? If your web browser language is different than English, the application will prompt you to change the language to your browser language if it is available.
Take a sneak peek of our next release in this blog post.
Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables
Simplify management of prompts from different models. You can now link the prompts from multiple models within a story, meaning you wi ll now only be prompted to select values from a merged prompt.
Merge of prompts is supported on HANA and BW systems. Merge of prompts between different systems is also possible (HANA to HANA, HANA to acquired data (SAC local models), and BW to BW systems). In the case of BW, the merge of prompt is done based upon the technical ID.
We have improved formatting for Geo Points! You can now show and hide data labels for each bubble layer, and select from 4 standard shapes for each geo data point. This provides increased flexibility for you to customize your stories.
We a re bridging the gap in functionality between canvas and responsive pages! By bringing dynamic text to headers, both story designers and viewers will have more flexibility and consistency in messaging.
Thresholds for blended calculations
Gain greater flexibility when you work with blended calculations and clearly compare your blended calculation numbers as you do with simple calculations!
You can now create trellis on dimensions that are already used in the chart. This feature is perfect for making visual comparisons between complex data.
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.03
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.02
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.01
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2017.24
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2017.23
- More >
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.