Continuous Performance Management can be described as processes that take place throughout the year on an ongoing basis, as opposed to those based on traditional annual appraisals. To Capture these ongoing activities SAP SuccessFactors provides Activities & Achievement Framework.These day to day activities can be linked to goals defined in goal management & show on performance goal section of Performance form. Apart from Goal Management & Performance Management CPM Can be integrated with career development & calibration modules.
This blog mainly explains how activities & achievements can be created and linked to goals to show up on Performance review form.
To Enable the integration of Continuous Performance Management with goal Management & Performance Management following settings must be checked.
A. In Goal Management
Go to Admin Center → Goal Management → Manage Templates.
Open the Goal Plan template in which you want to include the Continuous Performance Management Achievements. Goal_Plan_2018 is selected & opened.
Select the General Settings Tab. Check Display Continuous PM Achievements on the goal plan. Save.
B) Performance Management:
To enable the Achievements Tab on Performance review form. Go to Admin Center –>Performance Management –> Manage Template
Select the Performance review template. Here I am selecting the Performance Review with self-review. Open the Template & go to General Settings –>Advanced Settings –>Select the following check boxes. Update form template.
- Enable Achievements tab in Performance Goal Section
- Display Achievement Feedback for Performance Goal Achievements
- Enable Achievements tab in Performance Development Goal Section
- Display Achievement Feedback for Development Goal Achievements.
To check the Integration, create the following –
- Goal plan for an employee with the mentioned template.
- Create the activities & achievements on regular basis.
- Launch the performance form for an employee.
- Check for Activities & Achievements on the Goal section of performance form
1. Goal Plan for Edward Employee – Create a goal plan for an employee. Here Following Goal Plan has been created for the employee.
2. Create the Activities, Achievements & link to Goals. Go to Home –> Continuous Performance Management –>Activities –>Add an Activity. Enter Activity Name. Select Status & select relevant Goal & Save.
3. Now create an Achievement. Select Add Achievement. Select date & Link it to Activity created. Here I am linking to Increased Sales in North America Region. Performance goal will automatically popup. Click Save.
Following achievement is created.
Now Let’s Launch the performance form for Edward Employee. Achievement details will automatically pop up for the goal in goal section of the performance form.
Linking achievements with performance goals provide the holistic view for managers to decide the ratings for an employee especially for the scenario’s where the appraisal is done once or twice a year. Hope this blog helped you in creating the activities, achievements and linking to performance goals.