DocumentScan App – SAP Business One SEED APJ Development Challenge
The following blog post is a submission for SAP Business One SEED Development Challenge.
DocumentScan App Solution Demo Video:
DocumentScan App Solution Demo URL: Video Link
Solution Name: DocumentScan App
Solution Description: Sales person travels to customer place for collecting Purchase Order. Sales Person can scan or take a photo of the Physical Purchase Order collected from customer through Mobile App. The App will read the scanned or photo captured document and convert to electronic form and store in Local Mobile Database. If the Mobile is connected with Internet it will push the data to SAP Business One as Sales Order.
Solution Use Case
Customer is into LED Light Manufacturing and Distribution. He is having 50 sales team connected with multiple distributors and he is also having few corporate customers who issue Purchase Orders to Purchase the products. Each Sales Person collects 40 to 50 orders per day from customer. Sales team handovers the collected Purchase Orders to Order Processing Team at the Head Office to process the order. Order processing team is also responsible for posting these order as Sales Order Document in SAP Business One.
To avoid manual intervention, we have developed a mobile app which will post these sales orders just by scanning directly from the App. By deploying this app, customer beniffited with the below points.
a. Time taken in posting sales orders in SAP Business One will be immediate. As and when Sales officer scans the Customer given Purchase order from the Field.
b. Avoid manual data entry Errors.
c. Avoid misplacing Physical Purchase ORder documents given by Customer.
Pain Points: Following are the customer pain points which we addressing through the DocumentScan App
- Manual intervention
- Worrying about misplacing customer order
- Extensive time spent on order processing
Sales Persons who visit the customer place for collecting the order or receives customer order through email can scan physical document or browse the softcopy of the document in to the App. Once Sales Persons process this document, app will convert the data in to digitally readable and editable format. This data will be posted as Sales Order into SAP Business One
- Bring Real Time visibility on Customer Orders
- Reduce Order Processing Time
- Reduce errors
- Increase efficiency of Field Force and Order Processing Team
- Sales Order creating time is reduced from 1 day to 2 minutes, this is time taken between customer handing over the order to Sales Employee and creating in SAP Business One system
- Handling more orders by individual sales persons
UX Technology used:- JAVA and XML
Platform Technology used:- JAVA
Machine Learning Library:- Tesseract Open Source OCR engine is used to Optical Character Recognition to detect entities in a document
- Wholes Sales and Distribution
- Deploy the solution with existing customers
- Collaborate with Partners and Build Channels
- Run Social media campaigns
- Make solution capable to handle or recognise any Pattern or structure of Customer Purchase Order
- Extend the same solution to other use cases and transactions
- Handwriting Recognition
Partner: Vestrics Solutions Pvt Ltd
Team Name: Doc Scan App Team
Team Members: 5