GRC Tuesdays: What You Can Expect at the International SAP Conference on Internal Controls, Compliance, and Risk Management
If you haven’t heard yet, SAP is cooperating with T.A. Cook to bring you the first version of the International SAP Conference on Internal Controls, Compliance and Risk Management in Amsterdam on the 15th and 16th of March 2018.
But what exactly can you expect during this conference? Yes, there are pre-conference workshops, and sessions with our SAP governance, risk and compliance (GRC) team. But more important are the presentations from the many customers/guest speakers.
SAP GRC Solutions: Overview and Roadmap
- If you aren’t intimately familiar with the governance, risk and compliance suite of solutions from SAP, then this workshop is a great starting point. Presenters will be delivering a comprehensive overview as well as demos of the software.
SAP Solutions and Approach for GDPR
- I guess it’s no surprise that GDPR is coming fast! Attend this workshop to hear firsthand how SAP solutions can assist your company in not only becoming GDPR compliant, but also delivering a modern competitive business edge.
Automated Advanced Continuous Monitoring of your Enterprise
- This is the go-to session for all organizations wanting to hear about automation of their risk and control framework, including on topics relating to cybersecurity.
Presentations from Customers and Guest Speakers
Who are better suited to explain the path taken and the lessons learned than your peers? This conference puts customers at its center with presentations from:
- Vodafone Group Services on process and controls efficiency with a walk through Vodafone Group’s process to establish its controls library for comprehensive controls self-assessment
- innogy SE on establishing an audit-proof internal control system and automating compliance
- Nationale-Nederlanden on insurance fraud trends and how to empower fraud investigators with screening technology that helps reduce the number of false positives they have to review
- BASF on the importance of an internal control system for VAT and their co-innovation with SAP on this matter
- BP with 2 sessions:
- Automating the last mile of the process to manage segregation-of-duty controls and reduce manual control efforts
- What it means to shift “risk left” and why it’s important to risk and control
- United Utilities on how it harnessed the functionality available to provide a consolidated controls repository and continuous controls monitoring
- Stora Enso on the journey to achieve a common platform for risk management, internal controls, ethics and compliance, and audit management
- DHL Express on its journey to building an international controls and risk platform and the benefits it achieved
There will also be a guest speaker from Nyenrode Business University discussing how to make GRC better-and not more of a problem-for organizations.
SAP will also be delivering a few sessions, not only as a software provider, but also as a GRC practitioner. SAP’s own lead for the internal GRC team will be discussing the trends and challenges that GRC functions are facing today and will face in the future.
In addition, SAP will be presenting its vision and roadmap for SAP’s GRC solutions, including how to manage operational risks in a more proactive way to improve efficiency by using process intelligence to boost financial performance.
In my opinion, the International SAP Conference on Internal Controls, Compliance and Risk Management is well worth attending—come and judge for yourself! Download the brochure for the event to learn more.
I hope to meet you at this event and in the meantime, don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and feedback either on this blog or on Twitter @TFrenehard