Tips to Complete Your #SAPInnovation Awards Deck by March 2nd
SAP Innovation Awards 2018 “pitch decks” are going strong. There are a number of great entries in progress and you will see submissions published on the website “Entries” page.
The good news is that you still have time to cross the submitter finish line by March 2nd @ 6 PM, PST!
For everyone who is considering entering OR who is starting to work on their pitch deck, here is a list of questions (& tips) to think through as you develop your story.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your company.
What is your role at the company and how did you get involved in this project?
What does the company do, what sets it apart? Are there significant company or industry trends or initiatives underway that relate to your submission?
- Give us a high-level overview of the project and the solution.
What is the elevator pitch? How long ago did it start? What were the objectives?
Why did the company initiate the project? What was the outcome / what changed
as a result? Is it viewed as a success and why? Is the project part of a larger initiative
or company strategy (i.e. 2-3 year’s rollout, Part 1 or 3, etc.)?
- Now share some specifics and details about the solution.
What are the main products involved and what did each contribute? Are you utilizing new and innovative technologies (i.e. IoT, Machine Learning, SAP Analytics, S/4HANA, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA, etc.)? Is the solution live? When did it go live? How many users / how broadly is it deployed? Was there an SAP partner involved in the implementation? What role did that partner play, and did they have a significant impact?
- Does your solution address Digital Transformation or Process Innovation?
The Innovation Awards this year are emphasizing two themes. The first is “Digital Transformation” and the second is “Process Innovation.” Both are equally compelling and emphasizing one or the other does not impact your likelihood of being selected as a finalist or winning an award.
- For the purposes of this award, Digital Transformation applies to stories that involve a company fundamentally changing the business or business operations, or “doing something new.”
- Process Innovation is about using technology and innovation to improve existing business processes or, said another way, “doing something better” (i.e. improving operational efficiencies).
- Which of the two themes is most applicable to your project and why?
- Tell us about the business impact and results.
There are three different types of benefits or results that our judges will be looking for as they review the entries:
- Business impact (cost savings, new business created, etc.)
- Social impact (impact on communities, individuals, the world at large, social benefits, environmental benefits, etc.)
- Human empowerment (impact on individuals – either inside or outside the company – make employee’s jobs easier and make them able to do more or make it easier for people to engage with your company)
If you have input for all three areas, that is great but not required. Quantifiable results are generally the most powerful, but anecdotal or descriptive benefits are important as well. Ideally, 2-3 in each section.
Finally, if available, include a high-level architecture diagram that helps to show and convey how the solution fits together and include an illustration that demonstrates how it works or reinforces the value the solution has provided.
Last but certainly not least, include a quote from either a company executive, project lead, or internal or external customer or user that validates the impact of the solution and that reinforces the benefits you have included in the Pitch Deck. This step is important.
Thanks for your interest and participation in the SAP Innovation Awards 2018. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.