Are you interested in getting certified as SAP HANA Application Associate?
In this blog, I will explain how you can prepare for the SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP HANA certification exam.
Certification Code: C_HANAIMP_12
How to prepare for C_HANAIMP_12 :
Register for the exam
SAP Internal Employees: Please create your profile in the below link and upload manager’s approval copy . once profile creation is done it takes 30min to get activated . you will receive a mail about list of available slots for scheduling.
Non SAP Employees : Please create your profile in the below link . once profile creation is done it takes 30min to get activated . you will receive a mail about list of available slots for scheduling.
Note : If the exam is not being held by SDC (gets cancelled if there are less than 5 nominees), you may contact Gim Stella (C5157298) and register via SAP Education.s
Link to the certification on training portal
Here you can find a pdf containing 10 sample questions and topic wise weightage.
HANA Studio Installation
- Install ‘HANA Studio-Revision’ from Software Center.
- Request for a system via https://tipinfra.pgdev.sap.corp/hana/. Provide a user name and choose HANA Instance as ‘Vancouver – Latest Weekstone (With sample data)’. You may choose any other instance, though I have found this instance containing good enough data for the exercises.
- Other way of getting system with sample data is mentioned in the below Jam Page link.
Material Links :
For the exam, the following SAP Education training resources are listed:
- HA100 – SAP HANA Introduction (2 days, handbook 242 pages)
- HA300-SAP HANA Modelling(5days ,handbook 748 pages )
- It is better have a design plan for preparation, since at least 2-3 revisions should be done before you appear for the exam.
- Go through each concept and try to relate it real time business scenario
- Understand Modelling functions, Hana Architecture ,Virtual Data Model, key concepts ,configurations ,deployment scenarios(Side Car Scenario , Integrated Scenario ), Use cases etc. .
- SAP Hana Certification Questions are related to real time scenario’s, after studying particular topic it is very important to relate it real time business like where this has been used and how this implemented. what all business cases possible and how this feature of Hana is important.
- To gain good command over topic you must practice all exercises from HA100 and HA300 material.
Example : There were questions like there is sales order table and product table on my plane which type of join is preferred ? so for answering this we need to understand cardinality between the tables also what all types of joins available and supported in SPS12 Hana . Performance wise which is preferred.
Most of the questions are expected to come from diagrams, fyi’s etc.. It’s better to keep an eye on each diagram and understand what does it convey. Also, questions can be expected from exercises and headings too.
Make sure you go through all the topics depending on the weightage and do revision at least once before appearing for the exam.
Identify the weak areas and work on it .
The above websites will give you an idea about how exam pattern looks like and what kind of questions are possible to come from each topic.
Exam Pattern :
SAP Hana Certification has multiple choice questions.
multiple choice questions with one correct answer (there will be no instruction for such questions)
multiple choice questions with more than one correct answers (there will be specific instruction to such questions and valid for particular questions only)
Number of questions: 80
Time: 3 hours
50 % questions are very straight forward and 50% are tricky (need to have practical knowledge and real time understanding of possible use cases of particular concept).
Passing Score is 59%
Tips & Tricks :
It’s better jot down all the points from all figures , fyi’s , Note ,Caution boxes and key concepts . For example : while going through HA100 and HA300 there are some points like when does join doesn’t work , In which scenario join works but based on cardinality .if so what type of cardinality it is ?
- What are the scenario’s where union is preferred ?
- What is the spatial datatype used to represent ATM ?
- What happens when schema mapping already existing and you do mapping again ?
- What happens when procedure is activated ? what all kinds of objects are generated and in which schema there are generated ?
All such kind of questions you should be able to think while reading HA300 and HA100 and prepare notes .
It’s better to read both the books twice since while you read it for second time they are chances that you get into the concept in depth .
During the examination don’t waste time thinking about the questions which you don’t know , just keep going through all the questions and write down on a paper which questions you marked confidently .
Once you are done with 80 questions , now come back to the questions which are not straight forward and you can think about the answer .this way it saves your time .