Effective Performance Management Solution in SuccessFactors – Launching Performance Appraisal Forms in Employee Central
I have come across best solution on launching of Performance Appraisal form automatically through Employee Central when an employee is hired either through Onboarding or “Add New Employee” in Employee Central (New Hire activity).
Below are three possible solutions provided by SuccessFactors connecting Performance Appraisal Forms with Employee Central
- New Hire
- Job Change
- Off cycle batch for future dated scenarios
What type of Customers get this Benefit
- Any customer who are implemented with Employee Central and Performance & Goal Management
- Customer with high density of Population of Employees
- Customer with different appraisal forms to be launched as per Job Classification/Job Code
- Customer requires to launch Performance forms for off cycle batch for future dated scenarios
Configuration Set up
- Create specific route map through Manage Route Maps and assign the same to Appraisal Template which needs to be launched after hiring an employee.
2. Create Business rule using Execute function with Initiate PM Form On Job Change Event and Job Information as Job Information and provide PM Template Name with Text – PM Form Template Name ad below
3. Update the rule as per customer requirement and assign to Job Information in Manage Business Configuration
Update XML (Succession Data Model) under Jon Info (HRIS Element) and configure the rule as below
When an employee been hired, the relevant PM form will automatically get triggered and Employee can login and able to view the form, act accordingly from Job Information screen via
Home-> My Employee Files-> Employment Information-> Job Information-> PM Form Field
When you click on the link “30 Day New Hire Survey for Employee Form Test”, it opens the form in a separate window through “Performance”
When an employee been initiated with job change, relevant PM form can be attached during “Take Action” and New PM Form would be launched automatically.
Employee can also open new Performance Form through Job Information via Employee Central.
Good One !!!
Thanks for the good information.
Could you tell me about the features on this screen, How do yo do link on the PM form in Job information?
Thank you for the detailed blog.
I was just wondering if there's any capabilities available where we can have business rules in the Performance form ? Any leads would be highly appreciated.
we are using the business rule for New Hire and Transfer. It works fine with the exception, that we regularly have more than one form for employees, if HR is changing something in the Hire-record after hire-date.
I tried changing the business rule and found the option "Has incomplete forms in inbox" but can't configure it, since I can't select anything in "Leave of absence event parameter". Is there something missing in our system, we need to configure?
I also tried using JobInfo -> pm form, but it only accepts text there and I don't know, what to put in? "is equal to" -> Text: "0"? Would that work?
Thanks for helping!