This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.03. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
SAP Analytics Cloud agent version required for data acquisition with this release:
- Version 1.0.85 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
- Note: Although it is not required, you can upgrade to the new agent version 1.0.93, no matter what data acquisition type you use. Do this to take advantage of updates made to SAP Analytics Cloud agent.
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Enhanced forecast layout
- Data Integration: Create freehand OData queries using the Query Builder
- Predictive: Insert dynamic text token in chart footer based on Smart Insights
- Digital Boardroom: Reset topic option
- Mobile: Support for dimension input controls
- Mobile: Disable mobile application password
- Mobile: Improved viewing options for stories across multiple devices
- Data Analysis, Stories and Tables: Improved lane reflow in responsive pages
- Data Analysis Stories and Tables: Dimension and data labels for scatterplot
- Data Analysis Stories and Tables: Axis labels for time members reflecting hierarchy level
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
Looking to simplify the maintenance of your plan input templates? Gone are the days of having to manually update each template to reflect the new roll over between actuals and forecast period for blended and rolling forecasts. Now, you can use a combination of formula based input controls, and the ability to create and refer to centrally maintained attributes on the category/version dimension to allow you to change the cutover date from actuals to plan for all planning reports/templates.
Want increased power and flexibility when connecting to OData sources? In addition to the original “Build a Query” capabilities for OData, you now have the option of creating more tailored and powerful queries using the new “Freehand Query” capabilities.
In addition to all the functionality available within the standard query builder, the freehand query editor provides additional capabilities including:
• FunctionImport (execution of remote functions that reside at the data source)
• Prompts (allowing parameter passing as part of the query)
You can now insert a dynamic text token in chart footers based on the Smart Insights feature and supplement your data visualizations by providing additional context behind the numbers. This helps you understand the most intricate parts of your data and see which factors provide the largest contributions to your visualization. You can also continue your data exploration by utilizing the additional entry point to the smart insight panel.
Oh no! Clicked the wrong filter? Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered. In this update, we have added a reset topic option in the Context Menu that allows you to reset all changes made within a specific Digital Boardroom session. You can quickly reset any changes you have made to the current topic without having to reload the entire application to return the presentation to the original state.
Making logging in via mobile simpler! You can now disable the application password prompt for all mobile application users. Once a user sets up the mobile app on their device, they will no longer be prompted to re-enter their application password every time they go into the app.
You can now use the device preview area of Stories to set different font sizes for the resolutions of different device types. Story designers can target how text is displayed for a single story when viewed across multiple mobile devices.
Data Analysis, Stories and Tables
We have improved the reflow logic! Preserve the content layout and proportions in your responsive pages and have greater control of how your content is consumed on different devices. Our new reflow logic will ensure that your story not only looks visually appealing but also delivers a consistent message to all your content consumers.
Interested in learning more? Check out this post on improved lane reflows
Scatter plot charts can now display:
• Dimension labels
• Data Labels
You also can display data labels for the highest and lowest values only! This will be available for both the x and y-axis and is available for the bubble chart. Being able to see min/max only gives you the ability to see the range of your data without making your chart overwhelming.
The feature ensures charts with time dimension are easy to read and effortless to create. This is perfect for when you are comparing data with different data granularities. For example: If you want to compare total revenue in 2015 to Q3 2016
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.02
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.01
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2017.24
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2017.23
- More >
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.