in my recent blog on the how I set up the accounts for SAP TechEd hands-on session DX270, I promised to publish videos for the different sections of the exercise.
This session showed the end to end flow for creating an SAP Fiori launchpad and then step by step populating it with content by first adding SAP Fiori Cloud content, second designing an app with SAP BUILD, developing it with Web IDE and adding it to the launchpad, mobilizing the app and making it available for download to the mobile device. Then SAP GUI and Web Dynpro ABAP apps from the backend were added and existing SAP Fiori apps were adapted to the users’ needs by extending them. Finally, a new theme was created and assigned to the site.
Here you go for the first video on Building your first SAP Fiori launchpad site and populating it with SAP Fiori Cloud content. And thanks to Former Member for doing this great voice over.
The main steps in this video are:
- Creating a site from the SAP Fiori launchpad template
- Registering SAP Fiori Cloud content for the site
- Creating a role, a catalog, and groups
- Assigning additional catalogs to the role
- Creating roles in SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit and assigning them to the demo user
- Previewing and publishing your site
If you are looking for more detailed informationon this topic, please check out the following Open SAP courses:
- SAP Cloud Platform Essentials,
- Building Portal Sites on SAP Cloud Platform
- Next Steps in SAP Cloud Platform
- Introduction to SAP Fiori UX
Hope that this is useful. Stay tuned for the next video on developing a self-designed app with SAP Web IDE.