Data Warehouse Systems today struggle with two major issues: Business requires more connected, direct accessible data and IT requires more cloud and architecture flexibility.
The SAP SQL Data Warehousing on SAP HANA solution is positioned to solve both of those challenges by accessing artefacts from remote systems/container and/or loading and processing of clean data into Analysis or Data Warehouse systems to drive and support decisions while offering cloud freedom for data systems, applications, and system development.
To meet the goal of more connected, direct accessible data, SAP SQL Data Warehousing on SAP HANA incorporates the following steps:
- Establish the data foundation by defining and documenting business rules, master data definitions, business terminology standards and Data Warehouse Data-Models. The SAP Enterprise Architecture Designer Modelling Tool provides the ability to discover and document where data and content resides (Data Lineage, Impact Analysis)
- Accessing and Processing the data by connecting to remote systems/container to access and consume the data, also providing the option to load, cleanse, match, consolidate and enrich data into separate container to comply with Data Warehouse standards.
- Maintaining the system by managing the deployment of content lifecycle and its association with data, processes and applications. Implementing Data Tiering including retention, deletion policies and rules.
To meet the goal of cloud and architecture flexibility, the SAP SQL Data Warehousing on SAP HANA solution provides
- the freedom of Data access & movement across instances with queries spanning local, public and private clouds.
- the Isolation into a dedicated container, next to the existing instance without creating any impact on the same
- the flexible deployment into dedicated container which allows the freedom to access/consume and move data across instances and queries spanning local, private and public cloud environments.
Watch the recorded lecture from SAP TechEd Las Vegas
Please feel free to check the SAP SQL Data Warehousing with HANA and SAP HANA SQL Data Warehouse – Data Warehousing Foundation Blog Pages for further information.