Utilities Extensibility – Using XContainer
The objective of this blog is to enable the user to add custom fields in Guided Activity Floorplan(GAF) for Move-in process in a very simple process by making use of the Master Data Template(MDT). Note that this example if only valid for the below actions in the Move-in GAF:
- Move-in using MDT (This needs the scoping question “Do you want to use Master Data Template for Guided Move-In?” to be checked under Industry Solution->Utilities->Utilities Call Center and Service)
- Create Customer
- Create Contract Account
Any coding or configuration examples provided in this document are only examples and are NOT intended for use in a productive system. The example is only done to better explain and visualize the topic.
In this example, we add the custom field ‘Authorization Group’ in C4C UI and map this to the Authorization group parameter ‘BEGRU’ in MDT Template during creation of a new Contract Account.
At the end of this blog, the user shall be able to add additional parameters from the Master Data Template onto the C4C UI for the processes of Move-in, Customer create and Contract account create.
- Create Custom fields in C4C
- Adapt Master Data Template
- Implement bAdi in ERP ISU system
- Test and Verify
1. Create custom fields in C4C.
User can create custom fields either through KUT or PDI. This document addresses the fields created through KUT as below:
a) Enter Adaptation mode:
b) Add Custom field:
Note that the Technical Name of the field is ‘AuthorizationGroup’.
Select the field and Click on Apply.
The custom field should now be visible on the screen:
Exit the Adaptation mode.
2. Adapt the Master Data Template
Go to TCode EPRODCUST.
Select your Master Data Template and edit.
Note the Parameter ID of the required field. In this example, the Parameter ID of Authorization group is BEGRU.
3. Implement bAdi in ERP ISU system.
Implement bAdi on the ERP ISU system for the Enhancement spot ES_COD_UTILITIES_MDT, bAdi BADI_COD_UTIL_MDT_MVI_CREATE
Logic of Implementation –
Search for the Element Name which is the Technical name of the Custom C4C field. In our example, this was ‘AuthorizationGroup’. Replace this with the Parameter name expected in the MDT Template. In our example, this was ‘BEGRU’.
4. Test and Verify
Enter the Contract Account details on the C4C and click on “Create Contract Account” Button.
Verify the field update in ERP ISU system:
- This extensibility works for single field enhancements and not structure/table enhancements.
Also refer the below blogs on GAF Extensibility:
- Add Custom GAF – https://blogs.sap.com/2017/06/06/custom-gaf-guided-activity-floorplan-for-c4c-utilities-process/
- Extensions to GAF – https://blogs.sap.com/2017/03/08/project-extensions-for-the-guided-move-inout-and-transfer/
- Additional Logic for GAF – https://blogs.sap.com/2017/03/14/c4c-extensibility-utilities-how-to-add-custom-logic-during-step-navigation-in-guided-process-move-inmove-outtransfer/
About the Author: Sunita Ekbote is a Product Owner for SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Utilities and has been working with this application since its conception in 2015. C4C Utilities enables Call Center processes as well as Sales Processes applicable for regulated and Deregulated Utilities.