Creating iOS App using SAP Api Management and SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS
This post would demonstrate the creation of an iOS app using SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS and SAP API Management as the API Layer .
- ‘Mobile Service for Development and Operation’ must be enabled in HANA Cloud Platform Cockpit. Go to https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com/ ,Log-in to your account . go to Neo Trial ->Services -> Search for Mobile Services->Click on ‘Development & Operations, std’ and enable it.
- SAP API Managment must be enabled .
- Follow the tutorial to enable SAP API Management and create the API Proxy .
- This Video gives an indepth tutorial to create an API Proxy for the SAP Gateway System.
- The API Proxy I am going to use throughout this tutorial is https://<userID>trial-trial.apim1.hanatrial.ondemand.com:443/<userID>trial/CATALOGSERVICE
- Download the iOS SDK from the following location .
Once the SDK is downloaded run the iOS Assistant to Create the App.
Cloud Configuration should be as follows
Create the Destination .This would be the Gateway Proxy created using the SAP API Managment System.
Make sure to input the UserName and Password for the API Poxy Created.
Once the Destination is created click on ‘Next’
Check the option to create a Master-Detail app and click on Finish
Now download the configuration and open the configuration in XCode. Do a build and run . This would run the iOS simualtor.Use the HANATRIAL Username/Password to Log-in to the app
The App would display all the Service Catalog Entities which the OData API provides.
On click of Purchase Order The PurchaseOrderId is visible
Click on PurchaseOrderId is clicked, the details is as follows
Check out this blog for more details on SAP API Management