Latest Update March 2021: Over the last few years we have grown the Fiori lighthouse scenarios by:
- regularly updating the Fiori Lighthouse Scenarios with the latest best new apps for each new available release of SAP S/4HANA (on-premise including Private Cloud Edition) and SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Public Edition)
- included the Fiori lighthouse icon and filter in the SAP Fiori apps reference library at https://sap.com/fiori-apps-library
- highlighted Fiori lighthouse apps in the SAP Readiness Check, e.g. as potential apps for exploration for new business value. This is explained in SAP Readiness Check 2.0 – Details about the topic of SAP Fiori
The latest update of the Fiori lighthouse scenarios at time of this update was published in February 2021.
The intention is to continue this process, retiring some of the early apps and replacing them with the latest forward-looking value apps, so that Fiori lighthouse scenarios remains an up-to-date short list of the best new business value in SAP S/4HANA. We hope this helps you in your role as customer, partner, or in whatever role you work with SAP S/4HANA.
Latest Update 16th January 2018: The Fiori Lighthouse Scenarios deck has now been updated for S/4HANA 1809 and S/4HANA Cloud 1811. You can use these to highlight the latest user experiences available to your business stakeholders including CoPilot and Machine Learning.
You can also look at our UX for S/4HANA Bootcamp Fiori Lighthouse Scenarios video (10 minutes) that shows how you can use this on your S/4HANA project.
Latest Update 31st October 2018: We are currently working on updates for 1809 and 1811. You can also find the Fiori Lighthouse scenarios deck on the home page of the Fiori Apps Library. Stay tuned.
Latest Update: We have added a few Industry Retail scenarios to the deck. Enjoy!
In the S/4HANA Regional Implementation Group we are privileged to work with many customers on the leading edge of SAP S/4HANA implementations. Some of the questions we hear again and again from SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA customers are:
- Which SAP Fiori apps do you recommend we use to help drive our digital business transformation forward?
- Which SAP Fiori apps are the quick wins to help us introduce digital transformation to our business people?
- What are the best SAP Fiori apps for our business role(s)? That will help us drive innovation and bring immediate value to our people.
- How can we use SAP Fiori apps to drive meaningful change?
Because when you are a leading-edge company, being the best means making a difference. And using only classic applications, such as SAPGUI, the same as you did a decade ago just cannot bring the change you need.
So with the generous collaboration of our S/4HANA business role owners and product owners, UX product management and with many recommendations from all of the SAP S/4HANA Regional Implementation Groups based on our experiences with leading edge SAP S/4HANA and sAP S/4HANA Cloud customers around the world, we created a document to highlight selected SAP Fiori scenarios to get you started on your journey into SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA or SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Introducing recommended lighthouse SAP Fiori scenarios
You will find in the document a collection of lighthouse SAP Fiori scenarios per business role complete with screenshots and major benefits. The sort of presentation you can use to win over your project sponsor and business stakeholders.
What are lighthouse SAP Fiori scenarios? These are scenarios enabled by SAP Fiori apps that we recommend as great starting points for customers implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA. Each scenario offers immediate business benefits to S/4HANA business users over and above related older SAPGUI transactions in SAP Business Suite. And naturally you will also find several innovation scenarios that simply were not available in SAP Business Suite.
You will find in the collection:
- SAP Fiori apps that offer a delightful user experience
- Apps that bring business users immediate business value, supporting and encouraging them as they adapt to new digital transformation priorities
- SAP Fiori apps that support tasks and processes that were not supported before (in SAP Business Suite)
- SAP Fiori apps that simplify work and increase the efficiency of tasks and processes
You should look at this as expanding on the more generic advice given so far in blogs such as Leading SAP S/4HANA UX Selecting SAP Fiori apps , where you find suggestions on how to align your app selection to your digital transformation goals, and an explanation of why the business role is the best default granularity for selecting apps.
You can use this collection alongside the SAP Fiori apps reference Library Recommendations report. The recommendations report gives you a quick first cut of business roles and apps that are likely to be relevant to your business based on your usage of your existing SAP Business Suite (assuming you have one). While the lighthouse SAP Fiori scenarios will give you some additional suggestions for first innovation targets for those same business roles.
Using the Fiori Lighthouse Scenarios on your S/4HANA Project
You can also find a 10 minute Fiori Lighthouse Scenarios video that shows how you can use this on your SAP S/4HANA Project.
This is part of our UX for S/4HANA Virtual Bootcamp series.
What’s included and why
Many of the business roles and SAP Fiori apps chosen are an integral part of new innovations in business processes such as:
- Streamlined Warehouse Management via flexible outbound deliveries, pallet building, and simple pick by cart interfaces
- Optimized Cash Management and Liquidity Planning
- Demand driven replenishment
- Fiori apps Manage Buffer Levels, Monitor Demand Driven Replenishment
- Improve customer service while reduce lead time and inventory levels by using strategic buffers with continuous buffer re-sizing based on real data analytics / feedback loops, to adjust the buffers to the ever-changing reality of customer demand
- Optimized management of operational procurement
- Fiori apps Procurement Overview Page
- Compare, contrast and monitor your procurement KPIs in one place.
Now with 140 business roles available in SAP S/4HANA 1709 alone, don’t worry! You won’t have to read through every business role. Instead you will find the collection is focused on common business roles that are core to many businesses, including yours.
You will find most of the business roles you expect, such as Cash Manager, General Ledger Accountant, Internal Sales Representative, Strategic Buyer, Master Data Steward, Budget Specialist, Production Planner, Maintenance Technician, Shipping Specialist, Warehouse Operative, Industrial Hygienist, and Project Steering Committee Member.
You will even find some industry roles such as Billing Specialist (Utilities) and Transportation Scheduler (Industrial Oil and Gas).
And a few business roles you might not expect. Including 2 of the 3 business roles we always recommend for every SAP S/4HANA customer – Administrator, Business Process Specialist, and Analytics Specialist. Why these 3 roles? They contain the apps that help you adapt other SAP Fiori apps to your specific business needs, such as:
- Manage Workflows app – flexibly adjust when workflows start, what tasks are involved, and who they are sent to
- Custom Fields and Logic app – rapidly add extra fields and logic specific to your business need
- KPI Workspace app – configure thresholds, targets, and timelines of KPI tiles and drill down analytics
Similarly with already over 840 SAP Fiori apps in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and over 960 SAP Fiori apps in SAP S/4HANA you will find a condensed and careful selection of just the best of the best starting points.
There are many quick win out-of-the-box apps you will have heard of in previous use case series such as:
- Procurement Overview Page, Project Profitability Overview, My Projects for the Project Manager, Manage Defects, My Sales Overview, and many other Overview Page apps
- We already have 19 of these expert dashboards available out-of-the-box in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1711 and 22 in SAP S/4HANA 1709
- Commitments and Actual Analyses, Supervise Collections Worklist, Technical Object Breakdown Analysis and other Analytical List Page apps
- Analytical List Page apps provide intuitive visual filters to quickly assess & refine information into insights
- Liquidity Forecast, Actual Cash Flow, Chemical Inventory Reporting and other embedded analytics
- Create Optimal Orders for Shipment
- Sales Order Fulfillment Issues
- Monitor Demand Driven Replenishment
Tip: Why do we particularly highlight so many embedded analytics including so many Overview Pages? If you are moving to SAP S/4HANA from an existing SAP Business Suite, often you will have some business users with deep expertise in their SAPGUI transactions. It can be difficult to convince these business users to change to simpler app versions. For these same business users often the burden of running traditional reports is a significant pain point. So the immediate value add of SAP S/4HANA for these experts users is not in transactional apps, but instead in embedded analytics apps that bring better, clearer, and importantly real-time insights. Knowing what to focus on today – as soon as you login to your Home Page – that’s an advantage!
And you might find some apps are new to you such as:
- Simulate Configuration Models for the Product Configuration Modeler
- Pick by Cart for the Warehouse Operative
- Upload General Journal Entries for the General Ledger Accountant.
Every app recommended includes a link directly to the full details of the app in the SAP Fiori apps reference Library. Just look for the pointing hand icon.
We are using these lighthouse scenarios now in our discussions with SAP S/4HANA customers, and you can also download the SAP Fiori Lighthouse apps collection for yourself.
Our intention is to update this list from time to time. We would value your feedback in the blog comments on how we can make this even more relevant to you. And if you have any apps that you are using with your SAP S/4HANA solution that you would recommend adding to the lists, we would love to hear about those too.
Where to from here
We aren’t stopping here. We are working on more S/4HANA Experience Transformation videos that show old (SAP Business Suite) vs. new (SAP S/4HANA Cloud & SAP S/4HANA) ways of working, such as Experience Transformation – S/4HANA Sales Order Fulfillment
You’ll also notice we have quietly been working on more content in the Fiori Apps reference library to explain how each app forms part of the holistic solution capability, and even to show you a brief demo of the app in action. Just look for the App demo links in the Product Features tab
Becoming a SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA guru
You’ll find much more on our SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA wiki
Brought to you by the S/4HANA RIG