SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer: Troubleshoot high client time
Influences on rendering time
There are several different factors that can influence the rendering time:
- The size of the screen – Very simple, but easily overlooked: the more elements (incl. small things like fields, text elements etc.) are on the screen, the more time is required to load and render them. This includes both standard elements, as well as objects added via customization or personalization.
- Mashups – Depending on the various elements that can be included via mashups, the rendering time could also change significantly.
- Client CPU and Hardware – Modern browsers require a significant amount of CPU power and memory. Furthermore, additional applications could be running on the PC of the user and occupy system resources. You can find the minimum system requirements for SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer (C4C) here: SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer System and Software Requirements
- Virtualization – Clients running in a virtualized environment could not have access to enough resources for the application.
- Operating System and Web Browser – Different Operating Systems and Web Browsers can also show differences in rendering performance.
Examples for issues in rendering time
How to identify high rendering time?
If you suspect a certain step (or all interactions) to be slow, it might be time to take a network trace with the built-in browser developer tools (similar tools available both in Chrome and IE). See the following video for more details on how to do that: How to take HTTP traces for performance troubleshooting using Google Chrome/MS IE Dev Tool