New Video: Managing Streaming with Cockpit 2.0
In a previous blog we talked about managing streaming analytics in cockpit 1.0, but along with SAP HANA 2.0, there’s a new version of cockpit as well. The UI has changed a bit, so we’ve created a new video to show you how to manage streaming in cockpit 2.0. Here’s what it covers:
In cockpit 2.0, all streaming options are displayed as links in the streaming tile at the bottom of the System Overview. We’ve talked about this before so I don’t want to dive too deep, but here’s what it looks like:
You’ll only be able to see the streaming options if your database user is assigned the CATALOG READ system privilege.
Each page manages different parts of streaming, so here’s a quick overview of the pages:
- Streaming Nodes:
- View node details, including associated projects and adapters
- View the status of the Streaming Web Service (SWS) and Web Services Provider (WSP)
- Start or stop the SWS and WSP
- Streaming Workspaces:
- View details of all the workspaces in a cluster, including associated projects and adapters
- Add or delete workspaces (you can also add a workspace when creating a new project or adapter)
- Streaming Projects:
- View details of all the projects in a cluster, which includes system details, network history, and associated streams and adapters
- Add, delete, start, or stop a project
- Streaming Adapters:
- View adapter details and stats
- Add or delete cluster-managed adapters
- Stop or start cluster-managed or project-managed adapters
- Streaming Publishers
- View details for all publishers in a cluster
- Streaming Subscribers
- View details for all subscribers in a cluster
- Configure Streaming Cluster
- Set the key store encrypted password
- Configure the heartbeat settings
- Edit node names
- Configure the SWS and WSP
- Streaming Permissions
- View user permissions and roles
- Add users and edit a user’s associated permissions and roles
- Add and edit roles
Where can I find documentation?
No matter where you are in cockpit, you can always get help by selecting the question mark in the top-right corner of the screen. This takes you to cockpit documentation for the page you’re on. For example, if you’re on the Streaming Adapters page, select the question mark to view documentation for managing adapters.
To take a closer look at managing streaming in cockpit, watch the video. It walks through all the streaming pages and their functionality.
You should be a pro at managing streaming with cockpit by now, but if you happen to have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
Creating Streaming Users with HANA Cockpit
Monitoring Streaming in Cockpit
SAP HANA Cockpit Administration Guide