In a previous blog, we looked at a simple way of adding additional attributes to your analytical profitability apps. Another way of customizing your apps is with so-called data source extensions. Sounds complicated, but it’s actually surprisingly easy. This method lets you add standard fields to the data source of the app, so it’s useful when you frequently want to see a certain field in your Fiori app. It also lets you filter on the field.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Custom Fields and Logic app.
- Under Data Source Extensions, create a new data source extension.
- Select the data source that you want to extend.
- Select the fields with which you want to extend the data source.
- Save and publish the extension.
For example, say you want to add the Product Type field to the Product Profitability app. First extend the GL Account Line Item with Semantic Tag data source with the Product Type field. Then you can add the field to the Product Profitability data source.
Note that the fields are read in Fiori apps in real time.
In my next blog of this series, I will explain ‘Custom Fields with Extensibility for Journal Entries’ in Profitability Apps.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- Sven Denecken’s SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1711 Release Blog
- S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- openSAP course ‘How to Best Leverage SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Your Company’
- Learn more about intelligent ERP S/4HANA Cloud