Looking for Better Performance with SAP Lumira 2, Upgrade to Lumira 2.1
With the recent release of SAP Lumira 2.1, SAP has come up with multiple new capabilities & improvements for existing features delivered as part of Lumira 2 with much more stability & responsiveness for SAP Lumira applications.
This blog provides a high-level overview of various performance improvements that can be expected:
- Leveraging “Processing group support” in Lumira 2.1 (similar to Design studio / Designer) which enables the database queries to run parallel and get data faster in Lumira to provide better responsiveness for:
- Opening of document (~10%).
- Loading of Visualisation/Charts in a Story faster due to parallel data fetch compared to earlier release.
- Better Page & Story navigation (~10%). Even better can be achieved with higher user load scenario.
- Live Connections to SAP Hana & SAP BW have improved response for prompts.
- Improved filter/drill/prompts responses can be achieved.
- List of Values (LOV) based filtering have improved drastically with this release.
With this release of continuous improvement, better stability can be expected with Lumira 2.1 along with below recommendation:
- Check out our SAP Note 2578661 – Performance: Lumira server getting restarted or shows error for more user load which provides recommendation for Java Garbage collection for “Lumira Server for BI Platform” to improve Server stability and reduced / negligible error observation with high load on system.
- Every layer has some default settings for number of connections allowed from a system which may restrict users to achieve expected performance and unexpected failures. Here is additional info on how to override, setting for Jco Connectivity used for Lumira 2 by referring to 2579319 – Lumira throws JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION error for “max no of 202 conversations exceeded” for BW Connectivity.
Along with these recommendation, I would strongly recommend to use and follow below:
- Lumira 2 Sizing guide available under References section in Help portal of SAP Lumira along with SAP Quick Sizer.
- 2541042 – SAP Lumira 2.0 performance and sizing – resources and troubleshooting ***MASTER KBA***.